PDA

View Full Version : Loose Omaha/8 game strategy?

09-06-2001, 02:53 PM
I am playing in a 15/30 HOSE game once per week and it seems that the betst potential for profit is the omaha/8 section of the rotation. Most of the players in the game play omaha very badly. I have seen a person in early postion reraise a raiser only to show down 10,10,7,8o. There was another situation that a man bet into a field of 4 and was called in one place the caller couldn't beat two pair Kings and sixes with a low on the board. (Enough with the color.) I am wondering if there are some general strategy changes that need to be made in a game like this. Furthermore; raises will not get anyone out of the pot especialy post-flop---so I will not be able to make another A2 fold by raising etc...The game is very aggresive and alot of raising preflop and on the turn. Though I am sure in many cases I am throwing out hands that are better than the raisers'. I am wondering if it is time to start calling multiple bets in late postion with a hand like Ac4c6,10. I have a habit of not calling raises (from holdem) but reraising or folding --maybe that is not the right strategy in a game like this?All input would be appreciated. Thank you

09-06-2001, 04:32 PM
With lots of money going in early against multiple weak hands, you still pretty much need to start with a hand that can make the nuts preferably more than 2 ways. A4s6T has only 1 nut combination and is an easy fold. A3s4T is much better. If you play your draws assertively and play reasonably assertively at the other 3 HOSE games, these players won't notice that you never turn over a bad Omaha hand.

- Louie