PDA

View Full Version : The rake is 2BB/100!

Belok
10-31-2004, 04:37 AM
Dont know if anybody noticed this, but I was comparing my $ won to the $ that has been raked. The rake is slightly less than 2BB/100 for me! It would probably be 3 at short handed tables...wow.

So for those of you who are slightly losing or slightly winning. You're still playing better than the rest of the players, just not as good as the rake.

afk
10-31-2004, 11:27 AM
You've given no information as to
A) what limit and rake structure you are talking about.
B) how many hands you are basing this calculation on.

Aaron W.
10-31-2004, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dont know if anybody noticed this, but I was comparing my $ won to the $ that has been raked. The rake is slightly less than 2BB/100 for me! It would probably be 3 at short handed tables...wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

At these low stakes, where the rake cap is high relative to the size of the bets, I think that's pretty normal.

If you play 20% of all hands, and win money 30% of the time you see the flop, then you're paying a rake 6% of the hands. Even if the rake is only 1 SB on average, then you're paying 3 BB/100 to the rake.

[ QUOTE ]
So for those of you who are slightly losing or slightly winning. You're still playing better than the rest of the players, just not as good as the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

And not good enough to think about moving up.

afk
10-31-2004, 12:12 PM
Aaron W,

I always feel weird seeing you post because my real name is Aaron and my last name begins with W.