PDA

View Full Version : AJs flops trips w/ a rag on a rainbow board

Fnord
10-31-2004, 04:04 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Fnord is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">Fnord 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Fnord bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 5.20 BB

Guido
10-31-2004, 04:38 AM
Standard

MEbenhoe
10-31-2004, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Standard

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop yes. On the flop I don't know that this is necessarily the standard play. Whether or not it is really depends on your opponents. Theres no card that can come on the turn that is going to be a scare card, so if your opponents are the type to fold here why not give them a free card that might induce a bet or at least a call? I might be wrong but this is not a situation in which I always bet.

Guido
10-31-2004, 05:40 AM
So you 3-bet preflop and think about checking a flop like this? Now what possible hands plays like that? IMO only fish check and hope the other one hits something on the turn. I think it's a dead giveaway that you have a J. Just bet and hope he has a pocket pair or also a J.

Guido

spydog
10-31-2004, 05:57 AM
Totally agree with Guido. You must follow through on this flop. Let him try to get fancy with an Ace or a pocket pair and make him pay. Checking looks really suspicious, especially since you probably would follow up HU on 99.999% of flops that you had 3-bet PF.

wheelz
10-31-2004, 08:29 AM
Checking this flop is probably the equivalent of showing everyone a jack in your hand.

Assuming you play "normally" and follow through on the flop after a preflop raise, of course.

MEbenhoe
10-31-2004, 02:37 PM
hehe this is the result of me playing at levels like $0.50/$1.00 and $1/$2 where when you show your opponents any weakness they turn super lag on you and you can take them on future streets. Thank you though I'll keep this in mind when I move up to higher levels. Also this really isn't a play I'd make most of the time, but there are those rare occasions where against certain opponents I would, which is why I said maybe it wasnt totally standard. However your explanation is much better.