PDA

View Full Version : AA played correctly here?

emonrad87
10-31-2004, 02:44 AM
No specific reads, just the normal Party looseness.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds , <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (18 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

Spartan1983
10-31-2004, 02:55 AM
With 2 to act after you on the turn, I think this is a good laydown.

JDErickson
10-31-2004, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No specific reads, just the normal Party looseness.

[/ QUOTE ]

How long have you been at the table? You must have some idea on the players.

Folding the turn is good.

fairness
10-31-2004, 04:45 AM
yeah, especially when the bb just calls the first bet then decides it's time to cap it.

Douglas Leslie
10-31-2004, 07:05 AM
With three clubs on the flop, not to mention a possible straight, I would have checked the flop. You should then call any bet unless the first player to bet is on your right, in which case you should check raise to knock out anyone drawing to a gutshot straight. If the pot is raised by the time it comes back to you, you should seriously consider folding although at a loose table it might be correct to call in case the raiser is betting top pair. If the raise comes from your immediate right, you should be more inclined to fold in case you get three bet on your left.
This flop is about as bad as it can be for aces, and it was unwise to bet the flop so aggressively. It is certainly right to fold on the turn when the fourth club appears.

matt hooley
10-31-2004, 10:55 AM
i like the flop bet but not the 3-bet. if you bet the flop i'd call a single raise but i'd lay down if it's raised and reraised back to me. without the A /images/graemlins/club.gif i don't think your hand is worth a whole lot.