PDA

View Full Version : First hand review

Sand
10-31-2004, 02:32 AM
Hey all,

I have read a lot, but haven't yet posted anything. I have been hitting some walls lately that have me questioning how I am playing.

I just sat down at this table and didn't have any reads on folks. I have been seeing hands like this a ton, and want to see if anyone would have played it differently.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (7.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

Thanks!

fairness
10-31-2004, 02:36 AM
raise preflop, the rest looks fine to me.

sin808
10-31-2004, 02:36 AM
raising pf would have made this hand easier to play. given you didn't, the rest was played fine.

Sand
10-31-2004, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
raising pf would have made this hand easier to play. given you didn't, the rest was played fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the response. Seems to be a consensus (of two, anyway). Pray tell, why do you think this would have made the hand easier to play and what is the reasoning for being even more aggressive than SSH recommends (and Ed is aggressive - he recommends a call here)?

Thanks!

Spartan1983
10-31-2004, 02:59 AM
Agree, raise preflop. The rest of the hand is fine.

Piiop
10-31-2004, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
recommends (and Ed is aggressive - he recommends a call here)

[/ QUOTE ]

"Ed" does not recommend a call here. He recommends a raise.

Sand
10-31-2004, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
recommends (and Ed is aggressive - he recommends a call here)

[/ QUOTE ]

"Ed" does not recommend a call here. He recommends a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand corrected. Senility is evidently hitting early in life...

Piiop
10-31-2004, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyway, who cares what "ED" does? Why do you think *you* should raise or not raise?

Sand
10-31-2004, 03:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyway, who cares what "ED" does? Why do you think *you* should raise or not raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

You assume there is some sort of plan here. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Honestly offsuit holdings from AJ on down have been terrible for me (consistent losers). Limited numbers of hands, but since I obviously misread SSH and my history had proved it out to be weaker than it actually should be I need to correct the error.

In any case I do care what Ed has to say. Smart guy, good book, and has access to hand databases that I certainly do not. A good place to start.

In any case, here are the results of the hand:

Hero shows [ Ac, Jh ] two pairs, aces and jacks.
Button doesn't show [ Ah, Qh ] a pair of aces.
UTG+2 shows [ Kd, 6d ] a flush, ace high.
UTG+2 wins $12.5 from the main pot with a flush, ace high.

MHING, and this has been endemic the last bit or so. I have dropped 70+BB in a frightenengly short time with lots of hands similar to this (lots in, nothing out). This is a good sanity check, thanks.

Sand

ilovemyZ
10-31-2004, 04:36 AM
i'm surprised UTG+2 didn't re-raise the river with the nut flush. at least he saved you another BB