PDA

View Full Version : A couple of AK hands

vetman81
10-31-2004, 01:40 AM
I still tend to have a hard time on these hands when I miss the flop. What do you think of the play on these two hands? Thanks in advance for your help.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, SB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

easypete
10-31-2004, 01:51 AM
I don't usually reply to multiple hands in one post, but they have a theme, and I graduated from KSU.... btw... what happened to the team this year???? ugh!!!

Anyway:

Hand 1:

You were heads up on the turn. You checked... I would have bet. Generally checking will induce a bet from a lot of players. You can think that UTG had something to call the flop bet, but he may just have a low pocket pair... Just as soon as you check, you announce that you have overcards. He knows his small pair is now good, and bets. If you bet, he may lay it down.

Since you did check, you are getting 6:1 on a 6.7:1 (i think both your overcards are good) draw. If you hit, you can make up for the difference.

Hand 2:

Looks good.

I think that some of these decisions are made a little easier with table reads. For instance, in hand 1, If UTG will call down with anything, I would have checked the turn, but if UTG can make a laydown, then a bet may be better.