PDA

View Full Version : What am I up against?

IdiotVig
10-31-2004, 01:15 AM
PS 5+.5, blinds 15/30, 7 players left. Table is loose/passive, now that the 2 real agressors at the table are out. You're on the button with ATo. Everybody limps, and we see the flop 7-handed. Flop comes AAK rainbow. UTG bets 30, UTG+1 makes it 210, UTG+2, who has you covered by 10 chips, pushes. Mucked around to you.

1.) What does the pusher have?

2a.) Is this worth a call?

2b.) Out of curiosity, is this a call against a typical PS 10+1, 20+2, or 30+3 lineup?

-IdiotVig

Ogre
10-31-2004, 02:07 AM
Its hard to put him on an exact hand but one of them has you beat. Although they would probably slowplay AK/AA/KK which only leaves AJ/AQ. It is a tricky hand but it is way too early in the tourny to be calling and all-in like that.

OGRE

pshreck
10-31-2004, 02:10 AM
CALL.

You are up against any random ace... and occasionally no ace. At this low buy in you have to call this every time.

It does become different as the buy ins go up.

Ogre
10-31-2004, 02:24 AM
I don't like calling all-in after a bet raise and a push with ten kicker. I did forget to factor in the $5 buy in though.

lastchance
10-31-2004, 03:42 AM
Your opponents suck, so they could have any ace, any king, maybe a pocket pair, a gutshot, or just plain junk trying to bluff you out. Call. Your opponents suck way too much for you to lay it down.

Benholio
10-31-2004, 05:33 AM
Yeah, you definitely call here, and most likely see any random ace.

I don't think it changes a whole lot as you go up in the limits, either. AK and KK are going to be very rare in any hand where you saw 7 people go to the flop without a raise (even less so after seeing that flop). AQ and AJ aren't ahead of you enough to even worry about it.

captZEEbo1
10-31-2004, 06:53 PM
yeah, you can almost assume you'd seen a pf raise from AT+ at this buyin. you are probably up against a KQ a pocketpair or an Ax (worse than AT). I'd definitely call here.

Rethinking it, I'd be hardpressed to see another A from anyone. The average person wouldn't raise their trips at this level.

codewarrior
10-31-2004, 07:30 PM
Dangerous thinking. Do you see why?

codewarrior
10-31-2004, 07:31 PM
Well said. I agree.

codewarrior
10-31-2004, 07:31 PM
Agreed.

Unarmed
10-31-2004, 08:41 PM
In a typical $5 game, I would expect pusher has A2-AT.

On the off chance that he limped with AK/KK (not that unlikely really) I'd be shocked if he didn't smooth call UTG+1's raise. I can't even remember the last time I've seen someone fast play a monster at $5.

AJ/AQ are automatic PF raises for most of these guys so I'm not too worried there.

That said I wouldn't be surprised to see Kx either.

Anyway, it doesn't matter as his range of hands include tons that you beat. This ones an autocall for me.

To your higher limit question: I don't play above $10 but if you were playing good opponents I really don't think you'd see this hand...ever.

Think about it, you have one ace, there's two on the board, UTG+1 represents another one, and UTG+2 pushes with what, the 5th ace? The action on this hand is just weird.

If you're bored assume that all players in the hand are good players, and try to put them on sensible holdings. I don't know if I can given most decent players aren't going to semi-bluff QJ OR think their underpair is good with 7 to the flop.

lastchance
10-31-2004, 09:58 PM
If you start to think to take for granted that you are better than them, your play gets sloppy. I know that. But at the same time, you have to realize that people suck, and sometimes, they just show you horrible stuff which makes it very hard to lay down good hands, not great awesome 1337 set hands, but good hands.

Desdia72
10-31-2004, 10:44 PM
this is an automatic call @ $5 + $.50. you just have to take the bullet if it hits you. players at this level will raise with damn near any Ax hand and K J+-type holding, especially if it's suited. in this case, everybody limped. pull out the sawed-off and blast back.

zephyr
11-01-2004, 01:21 AM
I can't see why you would get away from this hand. I'm calling here almost everytime for the same reasons listed before.

Only my opinion,

Zephyr