PDA

View Full Version : Quads on board

bennyk
10-30-2004, 11:43 PM
Who checks the river through here?
bk

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Haupt_234
10-31-2004, 12:14 AM
I like the river bet. It is unlikely he is holding an A or K, and chances are he will call you down out of spite/curiosity. Atleast that is what i've seen from experience.

Haupt_234

Malcom Reynolds
10-31-2004, 12:18 AM
The checkraise on the turn smells like a 6 or a pocket pair. Or an outright bluff.

The BB's calling standards are really important here.

If he is a tight aggressive player, he could very well have AQo here and feeling that the flop missed you as it's paired rags. Which means he has the nuts on the river.

If he is loose I'm putting him on a 6 or some pocket pair other than KK or AA (I'd expect a cap otherwise) and value betting the river.

bennyk
10-31-2004, 12:35 AM
On the turn I thought exactly A6 or like 88-99.

On the river I thought, "i'm gonna have to post this one, but i don't want them telling me i should have bet." I was relieved he didn't come back with a raise on the river.
bk

Cosimo
10-31-2004, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was relieved he didn't come back with a raise on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he had the A, he was probably thinking "wtf did you just feed the rake?" cuz that's my normal response.

I think only high cards and idiots call you here. Which group did your opponent fall into?

bennyk
10-31-2004, 01:17 AM
He was an idiot...He tabled 67o and MHIG.

It's funny you mention "feeding the rake," I once got a guy to fold an ace here because he "knew" i had AK...

bk