PDA

View Full Version : On the bubble with a flush draw

maryfield48
10-30-2004, 11:13 PM
Playing a Home STT, down to four players, three get paid. Chip leader has about 17k, the other three players have around 2200 apiece. Blinds are 100/200. In the BB, after a fold, a 200 raise from the big stack, and SB calls, I call with A7s.

Flop gives me 2 more of my suit. SB checks - do I move in, check, min bet?

pokerkai
10-30-2004, 11:55 PM
So you have 2200???

Id make a bet at the flop. If i think hell fold for a minimum, ill bet at it. On the bubble, people tend to get really timid with their hands.

maryfield48
10-31-2004, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So you have 2200???

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah - meant to say that, unfortunately I wasn't the guy with 60% of the chips.

[ QUOTE ]
Id make a bet at the flop. If i think hell fold for a minimum, ill bet at it. On the bubble, people tend to get really timid with their hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

The big stack is still in the hand. He has some willingness to call with anything halfway decent just to see if he can take someone out.

lastchance
10-31-2004, 01:57 AM
If there's no value to semibluffing, just check and hope for the free card. If big stack bets out, think about using your stack to semibluff then, and if you can't, either call for odds (hopefully he gives you 3 to 1 or better), or fold.

adanthar
10-31-2004, 03:07 AM
A 642 flop in this situation is a lot different from a J82 flop is a lot different from a KT8 flop.

maryfield48
10-31-2004, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A 642 flop in this situation is a lot different from a J82 flop is a lot different from a KT8 flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

adanthar
11-01-2004, 04:12 PM
I'd check and see what the action is like but would lean towards an all in call if I had to. If the big stack wanted to make a small bet and keep me in, more power to him.

captZEEbo1
11-01-2004, 04:57 PM
what's the payout structure?

What kind of reads do you have on this guy? Is he raising lots of pots of not many at all? Does he call flop bets with just overcards? I'm probably checking or check-raising allin here. If he has an over pair, he won't fold and you'll have like 12 outs. Does he bet every flop when he pf raises? If so, you might wanna just c/r allin and take a gamble. The only thing is, you still have plenty of time to win the STT. I like the c/r allin the best I think. But payout structures should also dictate your gameplan.

maryfield48
11-04-2004, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what's the payout structure?

What kind of reads do you have on this guy? Is he raising lots of pots of not many at all? Does he call flop bets with just overcards? I'm probably checking or check-raising allin here. If he has an over pair, he won't fold and you'll have like 12 outs. Does he bet every flop when he pf raises? If so, you might wanna just c/r allin and take a gamble. The only thing is, you still have plenty of time to win the STT. I like the c/r allin the best I think. But payout structures should also dictate your gameplan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Payout is 50/30/20. Big stack is raising a lot PF for the minimum. Will bet flop with any piece of it, or strong overcards. Also likely to hand around in a hand just to try to bust one of the small stacks. Why is a c/r better than a push?