PDA

View Full Version : didnt like this hand

nrinker
10-30-2004, 10:15 PM
comments on everything appreciated

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, Hero calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (8 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

srt19170
10-30-2004, 10:58 PM
Raise JAs pre-flop.

Otherwise it seems fine. I like the flop raise because it gets a couple of people out of the hand. You may be behind UTG but you've improved your chances by getting the blinds out of the game. And with a set of Aces and a good kicker you really can't fold.

-- Scott

nrinker
10-30-2004, 11:00 PM
oh i agree now looking at it, 1 limper, gotta raise

afk
10-31-2004, 02:04 AM
You absolutely have to raise preflop. Also raise the turn.

Malcom Reynolds
10-31-2004, 02:06 AM
Raise AJs everywhere. One limper, eight limpers. Raise AJs on the BB to a family pot. AJs plays very well in multiway pots and you want to get the extra bets in preflop.

Spartan1983
10-31-2004, 03:07 AM
I raise the preflop and raise the turn, but that's just me.

elbuddha
10-31-2004, 07:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't raise the turn unless I'm certain SB will come along. Without SB, I'd need to be able to assign at least a 30% chance that UTG is bluffing about the flush, since I'm ~20% to hit a boat or better but I'm contributing 50% to the pot. Or am I looking at it incorrectly?

pointcount
10-31-2004, 07:40 AM
raise preflop and raise the turn

Fiddler
10-31-2004, 07:45 AM
What if UTG limped in with a suited ace? Or any ace for that matter. He sure wouldn't want to give anyone with a single spade a free look at the river. Also, if SB has a high spade he will have to call your raise. I would do it... and hit something if UTG 3-bets. Not sure if it the best play though.

Douglas Leslie
10-31-2004, 08:03 AM
You should raise pre-flop and raise the turn. If he has the flush he might re-raise in which case you should call and probably fold if you don't hit a full house on the river and he bets into you. If he just calls, you should check behind him if he checks the river unless you make your full house. This caters for the possibility that he chickened out of re-raising with a flush that was less than the nuts on the turn, or alternatively he has the nuts flush and is looking to check raise.

afk
10-31-2004, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't raise the turn unless I'm certain SB will come along. Without SB, I'd need to be able to assign at least a 30% chance that UTG is bluffing about the flush, since I'm ~20% to hit a boat or better but I'm contributing 50% to the pot. Or am I looking at it incorrectly?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're worried too much about hero being behind. I think he's ahead the whole way.

Also: It's cool to see someone else starting out at Stars nickel &amp; dime. That's where I began back in February and it was worth every ..nickel and dime... of it.