PDA

View Full Version : Lots of draws, but too much raising?

B Dids
10-30-2004, 10:12 PM
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dids is BB with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP posts a blind of $2.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP (poster) calls, Button calls, SB calls, Dids calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Dids raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP folds, Button folds, SB calls, Dids calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Dids bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Dids folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Check the turn, call the river?

eL CardinaL
10-30-2004, 10:18 PM
Preflop: Dids is BB with 3, 5. MP posts a blind of $2.
UTG raises, MP (poster) calls, Button calls, SB calls, Dids FOLDS

Peter_rus
10-30-2004, 10:26 PM
Terrible fold. I would never fold here.

B Dids
10-30-2004, 10:27 PM
I'm getting 9:1, I know it's not a great hand, but I think calling here preflop is fine. That's not the question I'm asking.

Trix
10-30-2004, 10:30 PM
Why raise the flop ?, bet the turn ?

Peter_rus
10-30-2004, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but I think calling here preflop is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I think folding PF here is huge mistake. I guess 1:7 is sufficient taking to mention your position to call.

B Dids
10-30-2004, 10:39 PM
I've got an OESD on the flop, so I think I'm raising for value- but that's the question. Then I improve to an OESD + Flush draw on the turn, lots of outs (although the flush draw is kinda suspect). I think I like both bets, but I'm not sure- hence the post.

And that nasty fold on the river.

Trix
10-30-2004, 10:43 PM
You need 3 callers on both streets to bet for value.

spydog
10-31-2004, 06:35 AM
I like the PF call. I used to muck this, but now I love hands like this. They are easy to play and can serve up some great pots when you hit (and are very easy to get away from).

I like a call on the flop. You don't want to drive people out and maybe you can get 4 people to this turn.

If you had called the flop and UTG raised, then I like a turn bet. You might pick up the pot right there as UTG could just have overcards and realizes he might be drawing dead against a set and the SB could release his paired 2 or T(although doubtful on the T). Even if you get raised you have 17 outs (maybe discounted to 14 with the paired board and possibility of a higher flush).

As it turns out, I'm a fish and would call this river as UTG's play screams of overcards and I think I am good against the SB more than 10% of the time.

wheelz
10-31-2004, 08:13 AM
I like just calling the flop. Raising might not help you get value on the hand, because there's a good chance you knock out would be callers. And there's always the possibility the preflop raiser 3-bets, which is definitely not what you want. Which of course is just what he did...