PDA

View Full Version : 200k guaranteed

Matt24
10-30-2004, 08:25 PM
I qualified for this tonight, but now can't find it, did it get cancelled or am I blind?

Matt24
10-30-2004, 08:25 PM
Oh I see a message now, due to daylight savings time, wtf?

blackaces13
10-30-2004, 08:29 PM
See my post, I won my seat over 2 weeks ago, this is not right.

Zinzan
10-30-2004, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh I see a message now, due to daylight savings time, wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not the reason they gave me. I e-mailed them to ask what was up, and was told the following:

"Our Internet Service Provider had connectivity problems, which partially interrupted some of the services, provided on our sites and the tournament you are referring to has been cancelled, the refunds should appear in your account
in another 6 hours."

Sucks, as I cancelled other plans to play in this tonight. At least we'll get our money back.

-Z

aces961
10-30-2004, 08:58 PM
It would be so much more believable if they said that their software would be confused by the time change and not handle the breaks and blind levels properly. It really makes sense that this is the problem since they only cancelled stuff that has blind level changes based on time. The 1 table tourneys are based on the number of hands at each level.

RobSIegel
10-30-2004, 09:56 PM
Wow.. just wow. As a programmer it just blows my mind how they can rake in millions of dollars and not have software that can cleanly handle daylight savings time.

I mean christ I wrote stuff that dealt with DST in my sophomore year of college.

Also, are you Matt24 from the RX?

Matt24
10-31-2004, 01:49 AM
sure am, what do you go by over there?

aces961
10-31-2004, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow.. just wow. As a programmer it just blows my mind how they can rake in millions of dollars and not have software that can cleanly handle daylight savings time.

I mean christ I wrote stuff that dealt with DST in my sophomore year of college.

Also, are you Matt24 from the RX?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I've seen smaller things cause chaso at party in the past. I think they've just gotten to an avoidance standpoint, if they aren't sure something will work they just don't bother doing it so they don't have to deal with angry users after the fact.