PDA

View Full Version : How do you spend your poker winnings?

Enon
10-30-2004, 06:48 PM
Assuming you make enough to pay off your rent/mortage, phone bill etc, what do you do with the rest?

-I get a full body massage every few weeks
-I buy high quality organic food juice, vegetables etc
-I also recently built a new computer for myself with 2 21-inch Samsung Lcds.
-I buy tons of new underground music.
-Later this week I'm looking into buying a new tempurpedic bed (made of that memory foam stuff).

Sponger15SB
10-30-2004, 06:52 PM
I spend $6 on breakfast every morning
I drink good beer
I buy a lots of little (under $10) random things
I can do stupid stuff like break our modem and throw frisbees through windows and not break a sweat while my other college friends constantly worry about money.

Enon
10-30-2004, 10:28 PM
*bump*

Nepa
10-30-2004, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
-Later this week I'm looking into buying a new tempurpedic bed (made of that memory foam stuff).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure but you might be getting ripped off. How can foam have a memory?

theBruiser500
10-31-2004, 12:03 AM
I'm intersted in what othe rpeople spend their poker money on too. For me it's eating out a lot, buying books, college, and hopefull in the future travelling.

Redmen62
10-31-2004, 12:12 AM
I spend half on women, and half on the ponies. The rest I spend foolishly.

Michael Davis
10-31-2004, 12:16 AM
Crack, whores, on losing nights crackwhores.

-Michael

vulturesrow
10-31-2004, 12:22 AM
People make consistent winnings in poker?? Everyone knows its just luck.

Thythe
10-31-2004, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I spend half on women, and half on the ponies. The rest I spend foolishly.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, great post. It has a hint of Yogi Berra as an added bonus.

augie00
10-31-2004, 02:31 AM
I spend it on expensive liquor and then throw parties in my dorm room. I also just booked a vacation to Nassau, and bought a new MP3 player. But mostly liquor.

daryn
10-31-2004, 02:34 AM
travel.

been to europe twice this year, vegas 3 times, been to aruba. looking to go down to mississippi to visit a friend, etc.

also i eat a lot of it, and drink it too.

sublime
10-31-2004, 03:37 AM
sadly, i dont spend them. i invest them /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lawrence Ng
10-31-2004, 04:32 AM
Because I have a full time job, I am able to keep my poker funds within poker and just keep the bankroll growing. I don't know what I'm going to do with it though, but it doesn't hurt just to keep it growing I guess. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Apart from that, I spend it on women.

Lawrence Ng
10-31-2004, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I get a full body massage every few weeks

[/ QUOTE ]

Those special massages can take a dip into the bankroll.. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I think it's important that if you do spend a lot of time in front of the computer or at a live cardroom that players take care of themselves health wise. What's the point of making all this money if you have back problems by the time your 40 and have to spend most of the winnings on surgery?

jdl22
10-31-2004, 04:49 AM
Traveling expenses for me run quite high because I live in Pittsburgh, my fiance lives in Oregon (as does my family), and she is from Hawaii where we go for Christmas. So basically I will have to buy her two tickets this year (one for christmas one for her spring break) and I will end up buying at least 4 for me (one for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring break, and summer). Add to that our wedding which will be taking place on Oahu in July and you can see where my winnings go.

I have, however, made a couple of purchases. Just yesterday I got a 19 inch CRT monitor for multitabling (btw if you don't have a monitor capable of 1600x1200 resolution you are really missing out). I also bought a cheap baritone ukulele, and will get a soprano soon.

Toro
10-31-2004, 07:08 AM
I'm buying my wife a new car next week.

NoChance
10-31-2004, 07:18 AM
Paid the remamining balance on my car
Paid off credit card debt from the college days
Bought a new computer
Bought a 19" flat panel monitor
Went to Vegas in Feb and headed there again next Friday (11/5 - 11/14)
Bought new tires for the car (Winters can be hell in MN)
Spent a bunch on clothes

Sponger15SB
10-31-2004, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sadly, i dont spend them. i invest them /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Idiot.

sublime
10-31-2004, 12:35 PM
LMAO!!!!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lawrence Ng
10-31-2004, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Irony.

Sponger15SB
10-31-2004, 09:34 PM
I'm an idiot because I'm not a misogynist pervert?

I don't get it.

PS As sublime realized, I was kidding.

Chris Daddy Cool
10-31-2004, 10:55 PM
i used to not get cheese on my hamburger before i discovered poker.

now i get the cheese.

1800GAMBLER
10-31-2004, 10:57 PM
http://www.mind-surf.net/drogas/imagenes/cocaine.jpg

http://www.teen-models-101.com/jordan-capri/jcsolo0486.jpg

http://www.thewonderwall.com/hope_of_the_states/pictures/04-10-2003_manchester_hop_and_grape/35.jpg

DCIAce
10-31-2004, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure but you might be getting ripped off. How can foam have a memory?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the term "memory foam" isn't entirely accurate, but the material is very comfortable. A friend of mine has one of the mattress toppers on a couch, and it's a very comfortable material. My mom has one of the beds and thinks it's great.

B Dids
10-31-2004, 11:09 PM
I just bought me an IPOD, and for the time being all the money I make is going into upgrading my computer.

M2d
10-31-2004, 11:37 PM
Mike's at the Yard, a burger joint in Petaluma (at the stockyard, no less) charges a nickle to serve a burger without cheese ("because Mike thinks burgers should have cheese on them"). Maybe if you buy Ed's book and really apply yourself, you can get your burgers dairy-less again /images/graemlins/cool.gif

M2d
10-31-2004, 11:38 PM
fishing crap. lots and lots of fishing (and golf) crap.

nolanfan34
11-01-2004, 12:14 AM
I work full time, and play more as a hobby than anything.

As a result, my winnings go toward things like beer (http://www.bridgeportbrew.com/bp-brews-seasonal.html) , my growing card collection (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=56057&item=5126031 955) , and getting out of town to places like this (http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc=58&id=479) with my wife.

And someday, when my wife is done with school and we get a house, I'm looking forward to building a poker room, and installing one of these (http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/beer-towers/img-ds143pss.html) !

Senor Choppy
11-01-2004, 06:39 AM
I try to save 90% of what I have left over after rent and expenses, but my wife has different priorities, and I end up buying useless crap just to offset what she's buying.

HDTV (10% smaller than the one astroglide is getting /images/graemlins/crazy.gif) and new computer were recent purchases, along with a new home. I think the best thing I've spent my money on is probably healthier food. It's nice to be able to afford something that isn't on a 99 cent value menu somewhere.

The full body massage sounds like a good idea, but I'm too cheap to pay for that sort of thing. I went nuts with CDs too fairly recently. You really can't put a price on good music.

bernie
11-01-2004, 07:12 AM
Why not invest some of it? Ever try and buy a house being self-employed?

[ QUOTE ]
-I get a full body massage every few weeks

[/ QUOTE ]

First time i ever got one of these was at a massage school. I got a 2 hour FBM. I got off the table, in the mirror i looked like i just had sex for hours. I could barely walk down the hall falling into the side of the walls as i went. But damn, it felt great 2 days later when i could move again.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been wondering what it's like to do a chick on one of these.

b

tripdad
11-01-2004, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you'll be much better off with a latex mattress. more comfortable, more durable, naturally hypo-allergenic, not much difference in price.

cheers!

vulturesrow
11-02-2004, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you'll be much better off with a latex mattress. more comfortable, more durable, naturally hypo-allergenic, not much difference in price.

cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

A latex mattress? What kind of kinky [censored] are you into? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Reef
11-09-2004, 01:05 AM
captain morgans - cuz me and the cap'n make it happen