PDA

View Full Version : Clearing Ultimate Bet Deposit Bonus

banditdad
10-30-2004, 05:43 PM
How hard or easy is it to clear in comparison to one of the Party bonuses?

David04
10-30-2004, 05:49 PM
I've never cleared a bonus at UB but the general opinion is it's relatively hard.

lorinda
10-30-2004, 05:56 PM
The bonus will seem hard if you are only used to Party bonus clearing.

If you do it, be sure to start off tables, as you earn the points twice as fast as normal if you do that.

The MAIN problem isn't that the bonus is ridiculously hard to clear, it's that the games you are clearing them in are harder than you will be used to.

The above post assumes you are playing limit holdem, if you are playing no limit then it reverses, the games are soft, but you clear the bonus at a painful rate.

Lori

banditdad
10-30-2004, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you do it, be sure to start off tables, as you earn the points twice as fast as normal if you do that.
Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what you mean by start off tables.

Thythe
10-30-2004, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what you mean by start off tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you sit down at an empty seat at a table that already has 9 players, then you will only get 1X points. On the other hand, if you start a table by sitting down at a table that has either 0 players or 1 player, then you will get 2X the points. You will clear the bonus twice as fast, but will have to deal with some heads up and short hand play.

lorinda
10-30-2004, 06:01 PM
Sit at a table with 0 or 1 players and start a new game.

Sorry, I'm all tongue-tied today.

Lori

banditdad
10-30-2004, 08:12 PM
Cool. Thanks. I actually like HU & SH so that sounds pretty good.

lorinda
10-30-2004, 08:18 PM
Just to clarify: It will still be a little slower than Party.

If you are playing below 1/2 it will be VERY slow, but at 1/2 and above it's reasonable.

Lori

pokerkai
10-30-2004, 08:20 PM
The level of play at hold'em is way better at UB.
Its worth it if your any good at SH, so that you can get the double bonus, but there are many bonus whores that steer clear of UB cuz the games are so bad.

lorinda
10-30-2004, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The level of play at limit hold'em is way better at UB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a tweak

Lori

Cosimo
10-31-2004, 12:31 AM
The UB bonus is basically 100% rakeback. If you have PT, you might have some idea of the amount of rake you generate. It generally works out to about 2BB/100h, ranging between 1.5 and 3 depending on table aggro.

2-4 is probably the optimal limit to play for rakeback: at lower limits, it takes more hours; at higher limits, rake decreases as a percentage of pot size.

so... with 2BB/100h, playing 2-4, with $100 in bonus, it will take 12 table-hours of play to clear.

Piers
10-31-2004, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How hard or easy is it to clear in comparison to one of the Party bonuses?

[/ QUOTE ]

The games are fairly tough, and bonus amount is mediocre at best. The saving grace is UB’s mini game screen, which allows you to play three games in the space you, would otherwise play one.

If you are happy multi tasking, and monitor space is your critical resource then UB is about the easiest to clear (per unit area of monitor.).