PDA

View Full Version : 10g dice faux chips?

tizim
10-30-2004, 05:32 PM
I'm surprised the 10g dice faux clay chips aren't mentioned more often in these forums. There seem to be many posts asking for the best "bang for your buck" chip, but people rarely ever mention these chips. They received an outstanding review from www.pokerchipreviews.com (http://www.pokerchipreviews.com) , which stated, "They handle well and sound JUST LIKE real clay chips." At prices as low as $10+$25 shipping for a set of 500 on ebay, this sounds like an incredible deal.

However, the few mentions of these chips I've seen on various forums have tended to be negative. So, before I spend $35 on these, does anyone have any input to offer on these chips?

Mars357
10-30-2004, 07:01 PM
I just got 50 of these in the mail yesterday. I've been handeling them ever since. They are fantastic chips. Great feel and FANTASTIC sound. The only drawback is that they are very plain looking. I had wondered about dressing these up with a sticker but having seen the chips, it's obvoius this won't work because of their texture .

I'll be ordering a full set of these. If you wait for 5stardeals to have one of their 25% off special offers, these chips are .06 a piece which is nothing short of amazing in my opinion.

These chips are far and away better than any chip on the market that sells for less than .80 (I've handled plenty). For .73 a chip, I can get past their plain looks. A very good chip to use while you are saving $$ for that killer set of customs that we all seem to want.

If you are looking for feel and sound, BUY these! If looks are the most important thing to you, order 50 and see what you think. If you want the absolute most bang for your buck, you can't go wrong with these chips.

My .02

Mars

chson
10-31-2004, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised the 10g dice faux clay chips aren't mentioned more often in these forums. There seem to be many posts asking for the best "bang for your buck" chip, but people rarely ever mention these chips. They received an outstanding review from www.pokerchipreviews.com (http://www.pokerchipreviews.com) , which stated, "They handle well and sound JUST LIKE real clay chips." At prices as low as $10+$25 shipping for a set of 500 on ebay, this sounds like an incredible deal.

However, the few mentions of these chips I've seen on various forums have tended to be negative. So, before I spend $35 on these, does anyone have any input to offer on these chips?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a 500 chip set. They feel almost identical to Paulsons and I got them for $.03/each!

Commotion
11-01-2004, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had wondered about dressing these up with a sticker but having seen the chips, it's obvoius this won't work because of their texture .

[/ QUOTE ]

any more info on this? have some samples of these chips being sent my way

Richard Tanner
11-01-2004, 01:40 PM
These seem to good to be true. Everything seems to check out, but a 500 piece set for $40 just seems too good. I blame all those crappy chip dealers for changing my thought process like this, lol. Oh well, let me know how they turn out, and if a sticker can be used at all.

Cody

Baloosh
11-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Anybody have a link to these specific chips?

ncskiier
11-01-2004, 04:26 PM
$.03? How so cheap?

chson
11-01-2004, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$.03? How so cheap?

[/ QUOTE ]

eBay.

Fins
11-01-2004, 06:03 PM
I believe these are them: 10g dice (http://www.5stardeal.com/deals/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=10-1600)

Search for the 25% of code... if your considering them (or anything from 5star for that matter).

8¢ ea. without discount codes

- Fins

bonanz
11-01-2004, 07:20 PM
can someone post a link to these on ebay? I've searched around and i can't find them. Has anyone entertained the idea of trying to find some sort of dye to put edge spots on these?

Mars357
11-01-2004, 08:44 PM
I just got 1000 of these from 5star today. I had ordered 50 last week to check them out and liked them well enough to buy a big set.

They are too good to be true! They feel and sound fantastic (as good as clay...honest) and seem to be very hard to damage. They will do just fine until I can afford some custom chipco chips.

A sticker won't work at all. If you go to the link above and click on a chip for a close up, you will see the texture that would make putting a sticker on them pretty much impossable.

The service from 5 star was great. They did mess up my order in that I ordered 2 650 chip cases and they sent a single 1000 chip case... I'll let you know how well they handle fixing this mess up.

Hell if I posted a more glowing review of the chips and 5Star's service, they'd have to put me on the payroll!

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mars

SlantNGo
11-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Is the injection spot as obvious as it looks? That was one thing I really didn't like about them. And how do they stack?

Mars357
11-01-2004, 09:05 PM
They stack very well. The injection point is visable but not as pronounced as it appears in the photo. I was worried about this too but I can live with it....

Order a stack of 50. If you hate them, your only out 10 bucks or so even with the shipping.

chson
11-02-2004, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
can someone post a link to these on ebay? I've searched around and i can't find them. Has anyone entertained the idea of trying to find some sort of dye to put edge spots on these?

[/ QUOTE ]

The dye sounds like a very good idea. Let us know if you find anything!

Here's the link to the eBay auction I won:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6126336654&ssPage Name=STRK:MEWN:IT

Mars357
11-03-2004, 01:56 PM
Got looking as some of my darker chips today. The injection point on these is very visable. On some of the very dark chips (red and black) the injection point is a lighter color than the rest of the chip which is why it is so visable.

I hope I didn't mislead anyone with my previous post about the injection points.

Mars

warewulf
11-03-2004, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The dye sounds like a very good idea. Let us know if you find anything!

Here's the link to the eBay auction I won:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6126336654&ssPage Name=STRK:MEWN:IT

[/ QUOTE ]

That's insanely low! They even have decent feedback! Wow!
They're still charging $19.99 for shipping, but still!

This supports my theory that in a few years there will be 5+ poker chip sets for every human on earth. I remember 15 years ago when I got my 5 gram hot stamped diamond chips and all my friends were in awe. Most people I played with back then used change or plastic bicycle chips. I can't help but think about what chips are going to be available in a few years.

warewulf