PDA

View Full Version : Love that dirty water

Toro
10-30-2004, 12:35 PM
Sox parade now on the Charles River. As Daryn would say "love that dirty water".

Sponger15SB
10-30-2004, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sox parade now on the Charles River. As Daryn would say "love that dirty water".

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure there are lots of dead bodies wearing sox caps at the bottom of the river. They're just trying to reach out to them.

Anything ever happen to the push to change the river's name from Charles to Condoms and Trash River

daryn
10-30-2004, 03:30 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rick Nebiolo
10-30-2004, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure there are lots of dead bodies wearing sox caps at the bottom of the river. They're just trying to reach out to them.

Anything ever happen to the push to change the river's name from Charles to Condoms and Trash River

[/ QUOTE ]

Around 1973 (during the spring of my freshman or fall of my sophomore year) I was racing on the Charles River in a intercollegiate regatta (I sailed for the University of Rhode Island). It was real windy and the boat's (probably at BC or BU, not MIT or Harvard - they had good equipment) hiking straps* broke while my crew and I were fully extended. We both went instantly went in the water.

Anyway, either from swallowing a small sip or some getting up my crack within two days I had some sort of intestinal infection that was so bad that I must have lost ten pounds (and I only weighed 150 to start). Finally the University medical center gave me some sort of pill nicknamed "the plug".

The plug worked /images/graemlins/grin.gif

~ Rick

* For the non sailer "hiking straps" are sort of like seat belts that you hook your feet under in order to extend your full body weight much over one side of the boat in order to counteract the force of the wind, especially when beating to windward (a boat can sail about 45 degrees to the wind) in a strong breeze.