PDA

View Full Version : 7-stud Hi-Lo / Is this a common structure?

08-22-2001, 02:36 PM
The game is a spread limit $2-$10 with low card opening for $1. However, there is no ante.

Generally, in a game with antes you would like to raise the max with your good hands before the flop.

In this structure how do you adjust your betting?

Thanks

08-23-2001, 09:57 AM
DEPENDING on the rake-- you could play just tighter than your opponents and do well. but since in these games most rakes are high and since the ante is almost nothing, play extremely tight on third street and dont raise much and try to have a big hand to draw to on 4th . then do your betting. as you get better at the game and reading hands you can loosin up alot and exploit mistakes but your main profits come from getting called with big hands on later streets. good luck and if you lose at this game you are hopeless.

p.s. if there is a high rake and the pots dont generally go above the cutoff amount its possible the game is not worth playing.

08-23-2001, 03:23 PM
See Zee's comments about the rake and about playing tight. But generally I would not waste my time playing 2-10 stud or stud hi/lo without an ante. I would have to watch the game for a while first and be sure that it's fairly loose. This would indicate that the players are bad and don't know that they're getting lousy pot odds on 3rd street.