PDA

View Full Version : what happened to D casper's marriage?

PokerPaul
10-30-2004, 06:54 AM
i just saw that arube WPT event yesterday for first time (here in canada they are only broadcasting last years season), and saw how he blew his chip lead rather quick. I guess the sidestory about him getting hitched if he finishes in top 3 to that woman from big brother was worth covering as that was an excuse to show her in bikini.

Anyways, in the end they do get married, but i vaguely remember some posts a while ago about her leaving him or soon thereafter.....

what really happened, and is it final now or have things worked themself out?

Then again, i guess if you base your decision on whether to get married there on if you finish in top 3 of a tournament, then its not exactly the type of marital foundation you want to start from....

Daliman
10-30-2004, 01:52 PM
Here's a page and link on it (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=762022&page=&view=&sb =5&o=&vc=1)

PokerPaul
10-31-2004, 03:43 PM
Note to self:

do NOT bring girlfriend to WPT event in future, in case of your winning it, and girlfriend proposing on the spot.

Maybe he should have figured it out when SHE proposed to him...right then.

Daliman
10-31-2004, 05:57 PM
Couple things;

#1. He didn't win it. HE came in sixth.

#2. He had said at first they'd get married in Aruba if he won, then if he finished top 3, then got married anyways.

#3 Rumor had it that there was some pressure/coaxing from UB to get married anyways after UB caught wind of it. Not sure if this is true.

#4. I don't know that she proposed to him. The first night we were all there(in Aruba), I seem to remember hearing something about them either being engaged or about to be.