PDA

View Full Version : Heads up betting patterns

poindexter
10-30-2004, 01:13 AM
I feel my HU game needs some major work. It doesn’t help that the 200/15 limit game has very few regulars so I feel like everyone knows me pretty well. My 1st place percentage has always been higher then 2nd and 2nd higher then 3rd previous to me entering the 200 games. I also started off well going HU when I first started playing the 200's. I gradually started to notice a lot more 2nds then 1sts and recently my last 6 HU games resulted in 2nd for all 6. One positive here is I have way more 2nds then 3rds. But I am blowing a lot of profits here with my suspect HU play. One leak I’m fixing as I’m typing and happen to be ironically playing in a HU situation is my love for 2nd and 3rd best pair. For some reason I have a hard time giving the other player credit for top pair. Earlier today I was headed for a sure 1st with what seemed to be an insurmountable chip lead of 8800 to 1200. He played my stack down to 2000 when I had to river a wheel to wake up and come back and beat him. Could the others be paying attention to my HU betting patterns? Do any of you use this info to improve your game? Or is it my LAG HU playing style that is killing me?