PDA

View Full Version : I am sorry, really really sorry.

Airpoaneman
10-30-2004, 12:19 AM
******Disclaimer*******
***This post contains no value***

This is my first week at the 200/15 limits so when i lose them to bad beats it kind of hurts.
K8 loses to Q8
QQ loses to J9
A7 loses to A2
KK loses to AK

but those are normal...the one that really hurt was

Trny:6832991 Level:3
Blinds(25/50)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to [ Qd Qh ]
Airpoaneman raises [175].
RichardSp_2 folds.
magician21 folds.
sexkitten85 folds.
Mr_Pisser is all-In.
vinycolletti folds.
flounder123 folds.
jayben20 folds.
I2345678910 folds.
Airpoaneman calls [1055].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8s, 4s, 8h ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 8d ]
** Dealing River ** [ 8c ]
Airpoaneman shows [ Qd, Qh ] four of a kind, eights.
Mr_Pisser shows [ Ac, Jd ] four of a kind, eights.
Mr_Pisser wins 2535 chips from the main pot with four of a kind, eights with ace kicker.

I have a few questions which i will post later.

froggy527
10-30-2004, 12:30 AM
The quad hand was just bad luck! But I wonder
about the K8 and the A7. Even though you lost to
worst hands,I don't know that I would have been in a
showdown with those type hands.

Airpoaneman
10-30-2004, 12:33 AM
K8 suited was final 3, short stacked with 1300
a7 with 1600 chips in final 4 trying to pick up the pot when a2 called.

lorinda
10-30-2004, 03:14 AM
One thing that I find helps, is that anytime I lose when short stacked with , say , K8 vs Q8, I consider it losing a 50-50.

The reason I look at it this way is that no matter which hand I had, the chips were going all in and being called.

AA vs KK is also a similar feeling, it's not like either of us outplayed the other.

Lori

La Brujita
10-30-2004, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One thing that I find helps, is that anytime I lose when short stacked with , say , K8 vs Q8, I consider it losing a 50-50.

The reason I look at it this way is that no matter which hand I had, the chips were going all in and being called.

AA vs KK is also a similar feeling, it's not like either of us outplayed the other.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Lori as usual has made a great point succinctly which took me a long time to learn and which has helped my game.

To add another example and a brief explanation, if you raise in from the button with A-9o and are called and lose to A-8o in a situation where you would play a wide range of hands including any A and many kings, I don't really feel like you were that unlucky. Its not like you played better because your kicker was one higher.

You both did your job and now it is all mechanics. Exact same for AA and KK which is why I try not to celebrate when my aces hold up over kings.

The reason it has helped my game is understanding that you have done your job when the money moves in and sometimes you have both done your job when one ends up as a favorite lets me win and lose with a bit more calmness.