PDA

View Full Version : Stats - Moving Up from $1/2 to $2/4 - Appreciate All Insights

digdeep
10-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Party $1/2

Hands 9,821

VP$IP 19.53
VP$SB 32.5

Won $ WSF 29.85
Went to SD 30.41
Won $ at SD 51.9

PF Raise 6.72

Aggression Factor

Pre-Flop .41
Flop 2.22
Turn 2.13
River 1.94

Total 1.11 (with preflop)
Total 2.10 (Without preflop)

Folded to River Bet 41.26%

BB/100 1.52

I would appreciate any opinions or comments regarding the stats. Additionally, any insights regarding what to be aware of at $2/4 would be appreciated as well.

helpmeout
10-29-2004, 10:10 PM
Stats look pretty spot on, might want to get your preflop aggression up a bit though.

Happy Hour
10-29-2004, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Additionally, any insights regarding what to be aware of at $2/4 would be appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you are talking about Party?

In my experience, 2/4 is a lot more aggressive than 1/2. And a bit looser. My PT stats actually show 37.5% seeing the flop at 1/2 and 39% see the flop at 2/4. However, I started practicing better table selection when I moved to 2/4. That might make a bit of difference.

Speaking of table selection, if you have been a little lazy about this like I was (because the players at .5/1 and 1/2 are fairly easy to beat), then I would suggest starting to put more effort into it. Also the tables are a bit more volatile. Conditions can change pretty quick.

There are more players at 2/4 that play like they learned on TV. You will see some wacky plays that aren't that common at 1/2. There are more players there that think poker is all about bluffing. I was weak on the river when I first moved to 2/4 and I know I gave up a lot of pots that I could have won to these guys. Be aware of them.

I found I couldn't really auto-pilot so well at 2/4. I had to be really aware of the players and their styles. I could 4-table .5/1 and 1/2 without giving up too much. But I found that I was giving up almost a BB/100 when 4-tabling 2/4. So I would suggest starting out with one or two tables for a while if you are a multi-tabler.

On multi-tabling, you will find many, many people at 2/4 that all have 4 games going at once. They are always there. Most of them play pretty solid but most of them play fairly predictably, too. Speaking as a 4-tabler, you can sometimes run them off hands that you couldn't if they were paying closer attention. It happens to me all the time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think you might find 2/4 to be more profitable BB/100-wise than 1/2.

Hope this helps.

digdeep
10-29-2004, 11:24 PM
Thank you for the response. My pre-flop numbers are:

Raise 6.71%
Call 16.01%
Check 6.41%
Fold 70.87%

With those stats, am I calling too much, not folding enough? Should my raise % be higher?

Help me out on this helpmeout (or anybody else with an idea).

Thanks

digdeep
10-29-2004, 11:26 PM
This is at Party.

Thanks for the insights. What do you look for regarding table selection aside from the size of the pot?

mrjim
10-29-2004, 11:48 PM
I agree that 1/2 is tighter than 2/4 (that was my experience at least). For me, I had to tone down my aggression that I had added when moving from .5/1 to 1/2. Others have said it, and I didn't really beleive it until I was there. 2/4 really is closer to .5/1 than 1/2 is. At least, the way I play was closer to the way I played at .5/1. Just one guys thoughts...

helpmeout
10-30-2004, 12:44 AM
Just try get your preflop aggression between 8-10.

Happy Hour
10-30-2004, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you look for regarding table selection aside from the size of the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually don't go to the biggest pot tables. Since there are usually deep waiting lists for those. And it is those multi-tablers waiting for them. By the time I get in them, the soft game is gone. I just look at an average pot table, see if it has less than 3 known good players there and I sit. Also, I like to sit at tables where the majority of the players have less than a buy-in. Then I judge whether it is good in the first couple of orbits.

I don't know if my definition of a good table would be helpful, because I judge them for my style of play. Mostly, I like passive tables. I don't mind rocks. My ideal table is something like 2 TAGs, 3 rocks, 4 not-so-good players and me. The rocks are easy to steal from or avoid when they have a hand. The TAGs are hardly ever in the same hands as me. And we all just take turns at the poor players and mostly stay out of each other's way. As close to that as I can find. I don't like to work too hard. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mainly, I found at 2/4 I couldn't just sit at the same tables for hours on end. I have to move a lot.