PDA

View Full Version : Bring in

08-15-2002, 06:20 PM
This hand happened after an hour and a half at 4-8 where I had not bet, raised, or called once (worst run of boring useless cards in a long time), so I'm wondering if it was a decent play, or just tilt-aggression that got lucky, appreciate your feedback

ME (4s7d)5s bring in

2 (**) 9h fold

3 (**) 8c call

4 (**) 10c call

5 (**) 9d fold

6 (**) Ac call

7 (**) Jh call

So I get to see 4th street for free with my crap.

4 street

ME (4s7d)5s 3s

3 (**) 8c Ad

4 (**) 10c Jd

6 (**) Ac 2h

7 (**) Jh Qc

It's checked around to me, and I have no problem seeing free cards with an inside straight draw

5 street

ME (4s7d)5s 3s 7s

3 (**) 8c Ad 2d

4 (**) 10c Jd 8h

6 (**) Ac 2h Ah

7 (**) Jh Qc 2c

So, I was pretty happy when I saw the 7s, giving me lots of outs, but 6 bet (no shock there), and 7 folded. At this point, the frustration of having not done anything in an hour and a half led me to raise. Everyone else (including the pair of Aces) folds to my raise and I take down a little pot. I guess having no cards for a long period of time gives someone a really tight table image. My question is, in a normal situation how should I have played that pot? My flush draw is exceedingly live, and I was pretty sure that that guy had nothing more than a pair of Aces, but my gut says I should still usually throw that away, as there isn't enough money in the pot to chase. (17$, and it's 8 to call, 16 to raise)

08-15-2002, 07:18 PM
That's a good raise. Using scary boards is important in stud. It's obvious that your opponent does not have trip Aces since he didn't bet 4th street.

08-16-2002, 02:31 AM
You played it fine. After the dealer pushed you the pot, you should have racked up and looked for a game with some action.

08-16-2002, 02:43 PM
I'd raise without hesitation there every time

08-16-2002, 02:44 PM
seriously, I can't believe the aces laid down to one raise.

08-16-2002, 05:49 PM
If he only has Aces on 5th (w/no draw) , you are a sizeable favorite. Folding is clearly wrong, and since you are probably a favorite raising is correct.

08-19-2002, 12:07 AM
my question is what do u do if he calls and 6th street is blank and he checks to u?

nykenny

08-19-2002, 10:57 AM
pretty player dependent, there are a lot of people that I'd bet into on 6th then bet into again on 7th, I haven't re-read the original post for a while but if I remember right the play was pretty consistant with how most people would play a flush draw on 3rd and 4th so it's very believable that you've hit the flush here. If he makes Aces up you're probably not going to get anyone to fold but otherwise I think you could buy this one unimproved most of the time.