PDA

View Full Version : flush over flush, set over set, etc

kurosh
10-29-2004, 08:02 PM
Are the chances of flush over flush, set over set, boat over boat, KK vs AA preflop, straight flush over boat, etc (situations where you're going to get stacked) so low that you should pretty much ignore them?

slickpoppa
10-29-2004, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are the chances of flush over flush, set over set, boat over boat, KK vs AA preflop, straight flush over boat, etc (situations where you're going to get stacked) so low that you should pretty much ignore them?

[/ QUOTE ]
The probability of someone having a straight flush over a full house is about the same as you getting a useful response to this post.

kurosh
10-29-2004, 10:19 PM
What's wrong with my post? It's a legitimate question. When I have bottom set and someone goes all-in with no straight or flush on the board, are the chances of them having an overset great enough that I should worry about it unless we have very deep stacks?

Stork
10-30-2004, 08:35 PM
The closer situations mentioned, such as flush over flush, and AA vs KK should be considered because although they are rare, when they happen and you are sitting on the 2nd place hand, you will probably lose big.

dogmeat
10-30-2004, 08:53 PM
Flush over flush, and even a third flush hand, happen quite often - worry. Set over set does happen, but it is usually just going to cost you some money - be aware, but don't worry about a small raise. Just consider that if you reraise on the end, you are opening up the possibility that you will get raised all-in.

KK vs. AA will happen to you about 1 time in 5000 hands (not 1 time in 5000 that you have KK, but once in 5000 total played hands).

Your boat getting beat by a higher boat is obviously going to happen more when the board has two pairs - then fairly often when there is a single pair. Not much you can do.

Boat beat by quads, straight flush etc. - well, unless you are psychic, you are probably going to lose your stack.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif