PDA

View Full Version : Weak Tight Play?

banditdad
10-29-2004, 08:00 PM
Should I have played this out? The board and betting made me believe I was behind.

Absolute Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB has Kd As (one pair, queens).
BB has 6s 7d (two pair, queens and sixes).
CO doesn't show.
Outcome: BB wins 11 BB. </font>

Entity
10-29-2004, 08:03 PM
The checkraise on the flop is odd. I probably 3-bet him and see if he caps; if he does, I'll fold on the turn UI more often than not.

Rob

Piiop
10-29-2004, 09:11 PM
Don't include results in your posts.

I would either call the raise and make a decision on the turn, or 3-bet the flop. It depends on the player and the other players left to act behind me. Most players will usually wait for the turn to raise a Q, especially since a turn check-raise would trap any inbetween callers. Since it was 6-handed, I think the villain would make this move with many hands you're still ahead of.