PDA

View Full Version : Kerry already attacking me (after the OBL tape released)

GWB
10-29-2004, 07:53 PM
WISN 12 News Gets Immediate Kerry Reaction (http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/news/3875459/detail.html)

FBI Analyzes Bin Laden Video For Clues On Future Attacks
WISN 12 News Gets Immediate Kerry Reaction

POSTED: 5:47 pm CDT October 29, 2004

Late Friday afternoon, al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden surfaced on a new video tape.

On the tape, bin laden said, "Security is not in the hands of President Bush or Senator John Kerry or al-Qaida. It's in your own hands."

Bin laden said he wants to regain freedom for his nation and "as you undermine our security, we will undermine yours."

The story broke as WISN 12 News anchor Kathy Mykleby was waiting for a previously scheduled satellite interview with Kerry, who was in Florida.

"I find myself in the unexpected position of giving you breaking news at this moment because I don't know if you're aware of the Al-Jazeera tape that has just aired with Osama bin Laden admitting to the 9-11 attacks for the first time. What is your reaction?" Mykleby asked.

"My reaction is that all of us in this country are completely united. Democrat, Republican, there's no such thing. There's just Americans, and we are united in hunting down and capturing or killing those who conducted behind that raid. We always knew it was Osama bin Laden," Kerry said.

""What do you think impact of this videotape might have on our election?" Mykleby asked.

"I don't think any -- I think Americans understand we are living in a dangerous age. <font color="red"> I am prepared to wage a more effective war on terror than George Bush, </font>" Kerry answered.

In the videotape, bin Laden said it doesn't matter who is president -- rather what foreign policy America follows.

The Bush administration said it believes a video by bin Laden is authentic and was made recently.

President Bush told reporters in Toledo, Ohio, "Americans will not be intimidated or influenced by an enemy of our country."

White House press secretary Scott McClellan said the administration does not plan to raise the nation's threat level for now.

Copyright 2004 by TheMilwaukeeChannel.com.

Matty
10-29-2004, 07:57 PM
That's horrible ... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

andyfox
10-29-2004, 11:08 PM
"My reaction is that all of us in this country are completely united. Democrat, Republican, there's no such thing. There's just Americans, and we are united in hunting down and capturing or killing those who conducted behind that raid. We always knew it was Osama bin Laden," Kerry
said.

Quite an attack. He then said he thought he could wage a more effective war on terror than you. I'm not sure if he can or not. I do know he can read better than you can.

cornell2005
10-29-2004, 11:17 PM
if by attack you mean pointing out one of your weaknesses, then sure. the news event merely points out one of his main complaints with your administration. your partisanship ceases to amaze me