PDA

View Full Version : Difference between $10 and $20 limit SNG's on party

kurosh
10-29-2004, 07:28 PM
Is there a big difference? I'm doing very well at the $10 with a ROI of 66% over 50 games. I realize it's a small sample so should I play a couple hundred more of these to find out for sure if I'm a winning player at $10 limit or move up since I have the BR?

poindexter
10-29-2004, 10:30 PM
most if not all of the advice on this site will tell you to stay at the $10's until you can prove beyond any reasonable doubt that you are a winner. A 1000 game sample seems painfully long for me to consider. I think our game has less variance and because of this you will know pretty quick if you have the game beat. I wont give you a concrete number of games you need to play because it is different for everyone and I will probably get flamed for my number.
Some questions you need to ask yourself are

1) how do you usually get knocked out? Did the other players get lucky? Did you get terrible cards? If you can honestly say your not making dumb mistakes then your losses are fine. Some mistakes are expected of course
2) Do you notice others making alot of costly mistakes? If you don’t notice what makes the other players so bad then you need to examine your own game before you move up.
I think a bankroll requirement of 30 to 40X the buy in should be enough to sample the higher games. Move back down when you hit 25X the buy in. and bounce back and forth till your bankroll tells you to stay.

KJ o
10-30-2004, 05:53 PM
What will you do if it turns out that you are not winning at the next level (either if you are outplayed or unlucky)?

If you will drop down before you have permanently hurt your BR, my advice would be to go ahead and jump. If you will be unable to do that ("Hey, what am I? A wimp?"), don't jump.

When people recommend that you stay at the current level until you are sure you are a winning player at that level, they miss that if you are winning at the next level also, you lose out by staying.

kurosh
10-30-2004, 07:12 PM
So I decided to move up. First game I'm in, I realized there isn't much of a difference before the first hand was over.

"PlayerA: g d it I thought this was no lomit
PlayerB: me too
PlayerB: i hate that about this site
PlayerA: its going to take for ever
PlayerB: second time i did it today
PlayerC: XXXX this is limit?
PlayerC: dmmit
"

Ogre
10-31-2004, 02:13 AM
Hahaha

I have always wondered what % of players at limit sngs think the game is NL.

eejit
10-31-2004, 03:00 AM
I've found there is quite a difference between the $10 and $20 limit sng's. At $10, it seems that if you can hang around to about level 5 or so, you are in the final 3 or 4. At $20 I've noticed that even at levels 5-7 there's about 6 players hanging around, and as the blinds rise it becomes a real crap shoot.