PDA

View Full Version : Should I Have Guessed?

Tron
10-29-2004, 07:02 PM
PokerRoom 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls.

River: (11 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has 8s Ts (two pair, tens and eights).
BB has Td Th (three of a kind, tens).
MP1 has 9c 9h (one pair, nines).
Outcome: BB wins 14 BB. </font>

No, I didn't have any reads...

SomethingClever
10-29-2004, 07:06 PM
Don't checkraise this flop. Bet and hope that BB raises. Then 3-bet him.

Rest of the hand looks great.

MarkD
10-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Well, how could you have guessed? Really?

But I think you screwed up the flop. You should have bet an let him raise you so that you can 3-bet. Or bet the flop, let him raise you and then check raise the turn.

VBM
10-29-2004, 07:37 PM
smallish point here, but you could've check-called the river. the other guys may've checked you down too, as everyone here had reason to be afraid of a straight...

Piiop
10-29-2004, 07:42 PM
Yea, bet flop hope to 3-bet.

[ QUOTE ]
smallish point here, but you could've check-called the river. the other guys may've checked you down too, as everyone here had reason to be afraid of a straight...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, you should bet the river. If the BB has an overpair, he'll call. The other player will have something like AT/KT/QT/JT or two smaller pair plenty of times and pay you off. Betting is much better than checking.