PDA

View Full Version : hand question from last month

08-08-2002, 12:36 PM
been meaning to ask someone about this hand but haven't gotten in touch with him so I thought I'd give the forum a go at it.

stud 1-5, I've been there a while and know the players pretty well. Table is tighter than usual with my raises getting things shorthanded for a change. I'm in seat 5

I have (Kc7c)8c; 2s brings in for 1 in the 7 seat. all call but 4 seat, I call after noticing that 6 seat is already folding his hand. 8 seat has the Jc and 2 seat has the 9c, kings and eights live, one 7 folded.

6 handed to 4th street. Bring in pairs his 2, 1 seat hits a club, 2 seat hits 2c, and I pair my K. all other cards not significant for this discussion. Bring in checks his pair of twos, seat 1 bets 3, all night she has bet every hand that was checked to her(not an exageration, EVERY hand) so this doesn't mean much, 2 seat raises the bet to 8. I feel I know this player very well and based on her cards she can't have just hit trips and is unlikely to have made 2 pair. Would've raised a big pocket pair on 3rd street, and has been raising draws all night(raised 4 to a wheel against me on 6th, for example). So I figure 4 clubs. It's folded to me. I make it $18 (4th street rule allows $10 bet). I feel I will be doing very well against her heads up since she's drawing to a gutshot and probably doesn't have any overcards to my KK but will definitely call to the river. It's folded to her(2 seat), she calls.

heads up 5th street.

she hits a club(6 I think), I don't improve, check, bet $10, I fold. she shows flush to neighbor, I pull out show one show all bullshit rule, I get to see 9 high flush.

comments?

08-09-2002, 05:27 AM
You correctly put her on the flush and correctly folded your hand. I don't see the need for much analysis.

The only thing I will mention is that in tougher games, that person may very well have NOT had a flush ( notice how many clubs were out ) and you may have had the best hand. But in 1-5 where opponents are not that creative you played it fine.

CJ

08-09-2002, 11:17 AM
I would have played it the same, based on your observations of Player 2's earlier play. I put her on a 4-flush on 4th, but with the clubs being semi-dead, I would have popped her back.

When she bets out on 5th (having already been raised by you) I probably would have folded, too (depending on the player and whether she can be tricky). If you're ahead on 5th with your Kings, it's probably not by a whole lot.

Doc.

08-10-2002, 01:36 AM
I don't know if I would have believed she made the flush with all the clubs out. You read her for a flush draw, made her pay, then had enough confidence and discipline to fold. Good job.

08-12-2002, 10:53 PM
You are great. When's the book coming out. I see you've gotten a hold of my essays "Don't pay the pisser" and "Nothing beats a flush: raking the big ones in low limits stud"

08-13-2002, 12:06 PM
"Nothing beats a flush: raking the big ones in low limits stud"

I've tried writing some response but that title is too funny for me to come up with a worthy reply.