PDA

View Full Version : Pokerroom support?

Cleveland Guy
10-29-2004, 04:12 PM
Anyone know how good/bad pokerroom support is on getting back to your quieries.

I e-mailed them about collusion and people cheating from a $10SnG I was in about 4-5 days ago.

I have never before accused 2 players of cheating online, but after seeing them 1. rarely call each others raises, and then when they did they checked down 2 monster hands

We are talking about full house vs. Nut Straight, and this was with 4 people left.

Anywyas, i sent them an e-mail saying this was suspicious and have yet to hear anything back. Anyone know a standard turnaround time from them?

Crix
10-29-2004, 04:52 PM
Pokerroom support is nearly nonexistent. Don't hold out too much hope of every getting a reply. Let us know if you do. I'd be interested to hear that there has been any improvement.

Cleveland Guy
10-29-2004, 05:00 PM
I've had an issue with getting money back before, and that was resolved super quick, but I have never had a "table" complaint before,

Do you think my complaint if valid?

SirArthur
10-29-2004, 05:17 PM
If two people are having to resort to cheating in a $10 SnG, then they are most likely awful players, and it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway.

Now if it were a $200 SnG, and 2 or 3 players seemed to be playing as a team, then I'd take action.

Rednax
10-29-2004, 05:32 PM
I've made two e-mail queries in the last few months: one was never replied to, the other took about two weeks for a reply.

More recently, I called them and got the same answer both times - that I would receive the bonus shortly - but on the third and fourth calls they denied having any record that I had ever called, and I would not be getting the bonus.

My review of PokerRoom support: It stinks!

bwana devil
10-29-2004, 05:33 PM
If I were playing .01/.02 tables and got cheated I'd make a stink. When you're starting out playing tournies, $10 can be a good amount.

And to anyone risking a piece of their bankroll, the time for a tourney, and the effort in trying to develop their game should never be told they should have the attitude that their buyin is so small that they should just forget about getting cheated.

Don't know about this case in particular, but what I am saying is that telling people to not worry about losing their tourney entry fee and payout to cheaters because it does not seem like much money to some is not a good solution.

SirArthur
10-29-2004, 06:22 PM
You missed my point.

If two players resort to colluding in a $10 SnG, more than likely they are going to be poor non-winning players.

I think it's awful that they would try that (if that was the case), and don't approve of it at all.

You make a good point about $10 being alot for a micro limit player trying to build a roll.
I was trying to allay some fears the OP might have had about being at a significant disadvantage if he were in a small buy in SnG with two players attempting to collude.

Their attempts to cheat will make little to no difference on the outcome of the SnG.

Phill S
10-29-2004, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Their attempts to cheat will make little to no difference on the outcome of the SnG.

[/ QUOTE ]

if its 4 handed, and the full house would otherwise have knocked out the straight surely the check down makes a huge difference to cleve guy and the other bloke. do you see?

Phill

bwana devil
10-29-2004, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You missed my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Upon re-read, I've got you now. That's make sense in a general sense.

In this specific sense once it gets down to 4 players it may be another game though.

But in any event, point taken. Basically you're saying not to fear micro-colluders as much as high buy-in colluders. I can appreciate that.

Cleveland Guy
10-30-2004, 01:29 AM
My point wasn't as much on the $10. It sucks I lost it - bu oh well. I was trying to alert the site of possible cheaters, no matter what level they do it at. If they are cheating on a $10, why wouldn't they on a $50 after a couple of 10s - we all gotta start somewhere, even the cheaters.

I was mostly alerting pokerroom about this, I doubt they will credit me my $11, but it would be nice to get a response.