PDA

View Full Version : Why does Bush spend all his time attacking Kerry?

LinusKS
10-29-2004, 04:06 PM
Instead of defending his own record?

Here are some reasons:

1. He has turned the historically unprecedented Clinton government surpluses into record-breaking government debt.

2. He's the only President since Herbert Hoover to preside over a net job loss during his term.

3. He's prosecuted a war that's cost the US billions of dollars, the lives of over a thousand young American service-men and women, and has succeeded in making America less safe.

I'm sure there are other reasons. But those are some.

The_Tracker
10-29-2004, 04:16 PM
What positive achievements could bush talk about? He hasn't made any. Bush is the single worst president the country has ever had. The only way bush can make himself look good is to attack and go on the offensive.

Thus you have ill-informed and warp minded people who eat up the spin and propaganda like candy. They are either to stubborn to abandon their party, or are just plain to stupid to see otherwise.

bush has made a mess of damn near everything. It will take quite some time to get the country back on track.

Peca277
10-29-2004, 05:23 PM
I'm a Kerry supporter but I have to say he tears down Bush just as much. It's the name of the game in today's politics. While everybody says they hate negative ads and they'll vote against candidates for using them, they don't mean it. The only reason campaigns continue to go negative is because it works.

LinusKS
10-29-2004, 05:32 PM
Yes. Typically, though, incumbents run on their records - pointing to the accomplishments they've achieved during their terms.

Challengers can rarely do that, since they're not already president when they run.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a Kerry supporter but I have to say he tears down Bush just as much. It's the name of the game in today's politics. While everybody says they hate negative ads and they'll vote against candidates for using them, they don't mean it. The only reason campaigns continue to go negative is because it works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Daliman
10-29-2004, 06:50 PM
Because it's politics. That's what you do.

Although it usually seems to be done more by the candidate with less to stand on for his own issues. Both candidates have holes here, some more gaping than others.