PDA

View Full Version : pokerchamps

Alobar
10-29-2004, 04:06 PM
anyone playing here? I just DLed the software and I gotta say, its pretty damn sweet, I love the way they have it set up for multitabling, being able to see the lobby in each window is pretty nice. Also their rake rebate program looks pretty interesting, I think it has the potential to attract alot of fish. Have they been doing any advertising? Anyone have any positive or negative experiences to share?

Crix
10-29-2004, 04:38 PM
I signed up a few days ago when it was still Beta testing and I'm playing there now on a $3-6 table. Currently 535 people online with 511 seated.

I'm very impressed with the software as well. It's very innovative and refreshing to see a new site not using one of the standard setup's. Gus Hansen has apparently had quite a bit to do with the design and layout of the site.

Hope it does well. It's nice to see someone do something different for a change and this site really seems to cater to to the hardcore online poker buffs.

Alobar
10-29-2004, 05:11 PM
Gus Hasen is currently playing on a 3/6 table right now if anyone is interested

cbfair
10-29-2004, 05:43 PM
I just checked it out. the software looks awesome and the bonus/affiliate structure seems cool enough, too.

I'll definately play there once game selection improves -I'm enamored by celebrity as much as anyone but I have no interest in playing 1/2 limit against Gus Hansen. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

LowDown22
10-29-2004, 06:16 PM
Nice software. I like the little map in the corner showing where in the world the players at your table are from. Plus anyone can 4 table without overlap, not just the 1600x1200 folks. All the scrolling bars were quite annoying after only a few minutes though.

I don't see it attracting many fish unfortunately. It seems overly geared toward the serious player and will likely initmidate new players. Plus I think the cash back bonus is much too complicated for a new recreational player. I think the flat bonuses like $100 for 700 hands are much more attractive for the inexperienced player.

cornell2005
10-29-2004, 06:18 PM
i play play there. looks pretty nice so far..

lorinda
10-29-2004, 07:07 PM
Nice software. I like the little map in the corner showing where in the world the players at your table are from.

I love the fact that the map also shows where the sun is currently shining all around the world.

Lori

lacky
10-29-2004, 07:20 PM
Interesting, reading the fine point though rake is based on when you fold out of the hand, or how much of the pot you actually contributed. This is very different that most mean rake figures and doesn't faver the tight player. Not a bad thing for the site, but something to be aware of.

starvs
10-29-2004, 10:03 PM
anyone want to transfer me 15 dollars so I can play a bit? I'll paypal you 15 dollars to cover it (before you transfer), I just don't have a CC I can use.

Just realized this is my first post. This is going to looky fishy, but I'm legit. :/

oljumpstart
10-29-2004, 10:14 PM
How did you sign up? When I click on create account nothing happens.

starvs
10-29-2004, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How did you sign up? When I click on create account nothing happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

A new window popped up for me, you may have to turn your popup blocker off.

https://secure.pokerchamps.com/ssl_index_createacc.html

there is a direct link if you want to try that.

DEvice
10-29-2004, 11:09 PM
I have been using this software on and off for several months. They used to do it where the top20 with the most playmoney for the week got some cash to go towards when a real money launch would start.

I just got an e-mail reminding me that the site has gone live and I have $20 in the account from previous placings from months past. I am currently suprized by the ammount of people drawn to the site in such a short ammount of time, the games are slow to come by compared to Stars/Party but they aren't impossible to find.

My overall impression of the site is good , the software seems rock solid, the customer support was good back then and I assume it would be good now (they used to ask for feedback while in playmoney games in December). I haven't put any money in or cashed any out yet so I can't comment on how quick/slow that may be.

Alobar
10-30-2004, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice software. I like the little map in the corner showing where in the world the players at your table are from. Plus anyone can 4 table without overlap, not just the 1600x1200 folks. All the scrolling bars were quite annoying after only a few minutes though.

I don't see it attracting many fish unfortunately. It seems overly geared toward the serious player and will likely initmidate new players. Plus I think the cash back bonus is much too complicated for a new recreational player. I think the flat bonuses like $100 for 700 hands are much more attractive for the inexperienced player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I see this site actually attracting alot of fish. The rakeback program that everyone can take part in is very smart marketing. If if the fish cant fully comprehend how the rake is computed, they understand "the more I play, the more I get back" and having it broken up into different levels by point total is simply genius, people love to "get to the next level". Throw in the best software ive seen by far, and the fact that you have the "Gus Hasen" (fish love WPT) name attached to it, and I see this as the only new site out right now that has a chance to make it. Their affiliate program is also pretty smart, EVERYONE is an affiliate, not just the people that figure out what affiliates are and then sign up to be one. If party is the behemoth that it is today because of its affiliate program, I think pokerchamps has a shot because its affiliate program is even better. Just my .02

largeeyes
10-30-2004, 01:52 AM
I hate the four tabling. I try to max it so I have one in each corner, but there's no way to maximize it so it stays as four little tables on my screen.

Boozer
10-30-2004, 02:09 AM
For too long Party, Empire, Stars, Paradise etc etc have had a monopoly on raping the players with rake - yahooo, finally a site that is sharing the profits with their customers.

And their rake seems to be cheaper also. I think this might start a discount war - yahoo! Good for us players.

KaBoom
10-30-2004, 04:10 AM
The rake rebate example they provide is playing 2-3 hours/day/ 5/10 holdem. Assuming one table at a time only(doesn't say). This gives back 100 USD/week. I don't have pokertracker or do I play 5/10 but how much would one get back with a normal rake deal at Party through affiliates? More or less?

This site definately deserves a testing later on today. I hope the 4 table multitabling will work with my ancient monitor from 1996. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rake war would be more than welcome and eventually it will happen with the increasing competition.