PDA

View Full Version : TT and a scary set.

nothumb
10-29-2004, 03:06 PM
Been flopping a lot of sets in scary spots lately. Does anyone like leading the turn against an unkown here?

Having a lousy player calling along makes it clearer IMHO that a turn lead is the way to go, feeling like you'll probably get raised.

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 <font color="purple">(Loose Caller)</font> calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO <font color="purple">(No Read)</font> calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 <font color="purple">(Loose Caller)</font> calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Loose Caller checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">No Read raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, Loose Caller calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">No Read caps</font>, Loose Caller calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.20 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Loose Caller checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">No Read bets</font>, Loose Caller calls, Hero calls.

River: (14.20 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Loose Caller checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">No Read bets</font>, Loose Caller calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17.20 BB, between No Read, Loose Caller and Hero.</font>

PokerIsLife
10-29-2004, 03:23 PM
I would call down as well after the cap on the flop. Hope you won.

jrz1972
10-29-2004, 03:25 PM
If I lead the turn, it's because I don't want to give a free card. If I get raised, I'll want to vomit.

Note that a raise from No Read does not protect your hand against a big club in Loose Caller's hand. He has the odds to call two cold, and it isnt close.

cold_cash
10-29-2004, 04:04 PM
I would bet the turn. Not only are you giving any club a free chance to beat you, there are now lots of gut-shot possibilities out there also.

You don't want free cards coming off, you probably have the best hand, and if you don't you still have a good chance to draw out.

cold_cash
10-29-2004, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I get raised, I'll want to vomit.

[/ QUOTE ]

If No Reads checks it through I'd want to vomit more.

(Besides, getting raised in the spot is hardly the end of the world, especially if we can get Loose Caller to put in two bets also.)

Piiop
10-29-2004, 04:13 PM
If I'm near someone who vomits, I'll usually vomit too.

Chris Daddy Cool
10-29-2004, 06:02 PM
what mr. cash said.