PDA

View Full Version : "Lose" versus "Loose"

tek
10-29-2004, 02:55 PM
I am just curious where the people who misuse the above words are from?

If you find yourself saying something such as: I folded my hand because I didn't want to LOOSE any more chips", this post is directed towards you... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Senor Choppy
10-29-2004, 03:14 PM
I have no idea, but it drives me nuts.

liquidboss
10-29-2004, 04:40 PM
I've never understood this either but it's not just 2+2 that has the problem. I've seen it all over the internet in different forms. It seems half the time someone means lose they type loose. I don't get it...

Lazymeatball
10-29-2004, 07:18 PM
what do you mean you don't get it? They are both spelled and pronounced very similarly. It would be one thing if people used the word "xylophone" instead of "lose," (I folded my hand because I did not want to xylophone any more chips) There is no way these two words can be confused.
But it's not that hard to confuse the words loose and lose. It annoys me too, but it's not that crazy of a mistake.
With all these grammar nazis I feel like I'm xylophoning my mind here.

RocketManJames
10-29-2004, 07:31 PM
I want to complement you on your effort to help those who confuse word usage. I see these types of errors way to often. I wish I would of thought of bringing this topic up first. Hopefully, your post will have a lasting affect.

Thanks.

-RMJ