PDA

View Full Version : chipdumping

whitley69
10-29-2004, 02:00 PM
what is chip dupming/images/graemlins/confused.gif

submariner
10-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Chip dumping is getting an online poker account, funding that account, then deliberately losing, or dumping your chips, to another person that you are working with. It is generally assumed to be done to launder illegally gotten money or to use a stolen credit card, or for similar reasons.

whitley69
10-29-2004, 02:26 PM
TYVM /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rudbaeck
10-29-2004, 03:04 PM
In tournament play it's when a big stack dumps some chips on a short stack, usually that of a buddy. Example: It's folded all the way to the small blind, who has a short stack. Small blind raises almost his entire stack. Big blind, who has a huge stack calls. On the flop the small blind goes all in with his last few measly chips, the big blind folds.

submariner
10-29-2004, 08:14 PM
I had not heard of this definition. Why do people do this, just to help their friend out?

thirddan
10-30-2004, 01:55 AM
if two players are working together it might be more beneficial if one of them has a huge stack as opposed to both of them having decent stacks...

pzhon
10-30-2004, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if two players are working together it might be more beneficial if one of them has a huge stack as opposed to both of them having decent stacks...

[/ QUOTE ]
In theory, the equity of two players with medium stacks is greater than the equity of one large stack and one small stack. This is particularly apparent on the bubble of a satellite or SNG. Some people are too cautious around a big stack, so in practice a big stack may do better than in theory. However, chip dumping usually happens from a big stack to a small stack.

froggy527
10-30-2004, 03:38 PM
I read a blog not to long ago about two guys
in Vegas playing in tourneys they would not
play against each other on the same table.
People complained to the tourney director and he
did nothing. Then late in the tourney one guy
did a massive chip dump to the other,who was better
heads up. The people left complained again with no
result. The guy won the tourney,and later bragged
that they had done this all over Vegas!
People raised hell and the tourney director was
fired! This story is on pokergirl? or pokerchick?(.com)
Or something close to that name

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-31-2004, 09:37 AM
Not true. With a cheat team in a tournament, it's much more profitable to keep as many players alive to make the money as possible.

froggy527
11-01-2004, 07:37 AM
I wasn't specific enough,when the guy dumped
his chips it was on the final table. And from
what I remember they both had large stacks.