PDA

View Full Version : New Documentary Shows that Majority of Iraqi's Fully Support America

W00lygimp
10-29-2004, 01:41 PM
Film-makers handed several cameras to random everyday Iraqi citizens and asked them to film their life and their opinions and people important to them. They received over 400 hours of footage back, and a majority of the Iraqi's shown like the American presence.

They showed a clip of an Iraqi boy praising the Americans.
They showed a clip of an Iraqi mechanic saying, "Under Sadam I had no security and did not earn a living. Under the Americans I have no security but I earn a living."

The documentary is showing in a majority of states and is released today, It's about time we see something that isn't tainted by the U.S. News Media (and this isn't one of those Michael Moore documentaries).

W00lygimp
10-29-2004, 03:26 PM
good news about Iraq and nobody is interested?

sam h
10-29-2004, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Film-makers handed several cameras to random everyday Iraqi citizens and asked them to film their life and their opinions and people important to them. They received over 400 hours of footage back, and a majority of the Iraqi's shown like the American presence.

They showed a clip of an Iraqi boy praising the Americans.
They showed a clip of an Iraqi mechanic saying, "Under Sadam I had no security and did not earn a living. Under the Americans I have no security but I earn a living."

[/ QUOTE ]

How scientific. Sounds like a random sample to me.

cornell2005
10-29-2004, 03:46 PM
there is 0 chance that a majority of iraqis "fully support" the US invasion and occupation. dont discard this post as partisan, i am not. further, you cant prove support through a documentary, as we have seen documentaries can be extremely biased. also obviously you need to perform some sort of solid statistical study to make that sort of claim

wacki
10-29-2004, 04:03 PM
Relax W00lygimp. I am very interested in this, and so are alot of other people on this board. In time I think you will realise that some people are louder than others. That doesn't mean that they are listened to anymore than those that don't talk as much.

If you have a link or know a way I could get ahold of this video, please post.

wacki
10-29-2004, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there is 0 chance that a majority of iraqis "fully support" the US invasion and occupation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on what you mean by "fully support". I think the majority are glad Saddam is gone. If we had a ruthless dictator and a country that was of foreign culture invaded and removed our dictator, I could see alot of people being very glad the dictator left, but not so happy the other countries armed forces were in our country a year later.

It's all shades of gray, and I haven't seen a very good analysis of what shade we are right now.

[ QUOTE ]
Also obviously you need to perform some sort of solid statistical study to make that sort of claim

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed

EarlCat
10-29-2004, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Depends on what you mean by "fully support". I think the majority are glad Saddam is gone. If we had a ruthless dictator and a country that was of foreign culture invaded and removed our dictator, I could see alot of people being very glad the dictator left, but not so happy the other countries armed forces were in our country a year later.

[/ QUOTE ]

To all those who think most of Iraq doesn't appreciate us intervening, don't forget that Saddam is still alive. Let me know how many of you are in favor of putting him back. (And giving him Kuwait as well, since John Kerry and his dovish friends opposed their liberation too).

W00lygimp
10-29-2004, 05:56 PM
It's playing in theatres, It was done but an independent group. They even have a few anti-US Iraqi's protesting in their film, they wanted an authentic view of how the Iraqi's portay us. So i encourage everyone to go see it.

PITTM
10-29-2004, 06:00 PM
if there arent iraqis protesting our occupying forces than it is not an accurate representation of daily life in Iraq.

rj

cornell2005
10-29-2004, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's playing in theatres, It was done but an independent group. They even have a few anti-US Iraqi's protesting in their film, they wanted an authentic view of how the Iraqi's portay us. So i encourage everyone to go see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. an independent group doesnt mean partisan.
2. putting some anti war protesters in your movie doesnt make it partisan.