PDA

View Full Version : Another PT newbie question?

PilotMatt
10-29-2004, 01:31 PM
In the "Auto Rate" feature of PT, what rules do you assign to each item?
Is there a file around that i could import making it easier?
thanks,matt

mistrpug
10-29-2004, 01:36 PM
Click me. (http://poker.rayjk.com/DNN/Default.aspx?tabid=89)

Download bisonbison's Poker Tracker AutoRate Rules.

LSUfan1
11-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Any long time players out there. I just downloaded the import and rated all players including myself. I only have 500 hands in so far, so I know this is a TINY group of hands, but I am listed as userdefined2, is this a good thing?

Sorry if this is a weak question, but I am VERY new to poker tracker and I am trying to become one of the non-phishies!

Thanks for any input!!!

Cliff(LSUFan1)

PS...should I start adding the fishies to my buddy list?

CLC
11-05-2004, 02:59 PM
15 months, 84 posts, only 500 hands???? What took you so long to get PT?

Anyway, if your icon is the frown - user defined 2 AND you used Bison's AutoRate GUIDELINES, then that represents Slightly Loose Aggressive (preflop) and Passive (postflop).

A little tightening up preflop and a)more aggression postflop when you have the goods, b)not going as far postflop with questionable/doubtful hands, or c) both A & B. Kind of difficult tell without REAL numbers.

500 hands is SMALL, but many people, including myself, use less than that many hands to qualify an opponent. Just, don't make any final judgements about yourself until you have MANY more hands.

By all means, utilize the Buddy List. Only problem is when you find them at a table, there are usually other sharks in the pond. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

krazyace5
11-05-2004, 03:09 PM
Do you need to manually enter all of this or is there a way to do it automatically?

Nevermind I got it.

krazyace5
11-05-2004, 03:18 PM
Where can I find what the symbols mean?, Nevermind, found that too.

LSUfan1
11-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Thanks a bunch for your reply, and yes....I have been playing for a long time without the right tools. I guess this is why I cant leave break even. Anyway, I am doing things right now so thanks a bunch for the advice.

I did notice I was playing too many hands from UTG and UTG+1. As a matter of fact, this is where most of my losses were. I have already tightened that belt loop, but now I have to work on the agression post flop!

You will be hearing more from me in the future.

Cliff