PDA

View Full Version : Rather Ironic and Humorous I think..

07-26-2002, 10:00 PM
Hey Again Everyone,

Well as some of you know by now, my day ( or rather.. night ) job consists of me slaving away in front of a computer here at IBM. Well it just so happens that we have been in the process of hiring several new individuals to work on some new business.

Well, ironically, a couple of the new hirees seem to be poker players( I guess they know each other from the sound of it ). I happened to be listening in on a conversation between the two of them ( while browsing here at TwoPlusTwo..Hey I didn't say my job was tough /images/smile.gif ) and overheard them talking of their visits to the poker tables at Mohegan Sun. ( although I have never seen them there )

Well.. they were also talking poker theory and strategy.. ( or so they thought at least ) Rather than typing the whole conversation between the two, which I am sure would take me all night and would come out rather innaccurate.. I will just briefly summarize what the two geniouses came up with while talking about 7-card-stud.

Basically.. they were having a discussion about the importance of 'sidecards' in the game of Stud. Ultimately...these two brains.. concluded that if two players were both dealt pocket aces in stud..(and they happened to know the others hand) and one opponent's upcard was a duece, and the others' was a trey... that it would be correct for the pocket aces with a duece to fold, as the trey is a bigger sidecard.

I almost fell out of my chair in front of this very PC. Honest!!

Perhaps I should start a new stud game here at the office. /images/smile.gif

Just thought I would share this!!

CJ

07-27-2002, 06:38 AM
"Perhaps I should start a new stud game here at the office."

There is no doubt! Maybe not at the office, though.

Tom D