PDA

View Full Version : review these 2 hands?

VBM
10-29-2004, 10:44 AM
<font color="green">played soundly? comments welcome! will post results after some feedback.</font>
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (14 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (15 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls $0.87 (All-In), UTG+2 calls.

River: (18.87 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 18.87 BB

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (20.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 24.50 BB

TredWel
10-29-2004, 11:39 AM
Hand #1: I don't like my hand after the flop action. I doubt my hand is best now, and I probably only have three outs at most. It feels weak, but I'd fold here. If the villians are LAGgy, however, three-bet. After that, the hand's fine.

Hand #2: This should be a instant flop cap. You've got the nut flush draw, and 4 people willing to put tons of money into the pot. Three bet the turn as well. You may be best now, and you have 14 outs to improve if you are not. The bet is for value, and will tell you how to play the river. If MP1 caps, check the river unless you improve. If MP1 calls, bet the river.

imaptone
10-29-2004, 11:44 AM
Hand one: I fold this pre flop. Then I fold again when it's two bets to me on the flop.

Hand two: I would cap this flop since I have 4 callers. I would play it the same as you on the turn, but I would check/call the river.

TwoShedsJackson
10-29-2004, 11:44 AM
Hand 1: all that calling is very passive. On the flop if the guy on your right bets it's often better to either fold or raise yourself. I would be disinclined to call all these raises with a hand like KJo that could be dominated.

Hand 2: Looks good, good raising with the nut flush draw, although it looks like you were against a set.

VBM
10-29-2004, 12:44 PM
thx all for your gracious analysis! as always, it's a highly education thing for me.

Hand 1
UTG+1 had T /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for [ a pair of kings]
MP1 had Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif for [ a pair of queens ]<font color="green">
Button had 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif for [ two pairs, nines and sevens ]</font>
Hero had [ J /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif ] for [ a pair of kings with jack kicker]
<font color="blue">There are some fallacies in my poker thinking here. The guys on this table were all very LAG( calling to showdowns with hands like K5o or J7s) but I was still scared of a hand like KQ or KK or QQ;

If i believed they had a hand like that, I should've folded.
If I believed they had a drawing hand or trash, I should've raised on the turn.
Calling seems to be the worst possible choice (in my mind at the time, some sort of ill-concieved compromise)

Also, I think a PFR was excessive for this hand. Maybe if it were suited...

I'm not really concerned about the button here, b/c he rivered his 2 pair, it's really my play against the other hands here that I'm focusing on...</font>

Hand 2:
<font color="green"> MP1 had: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif</font> for a set
Hero had: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif for [a pair of queens]
<font color="blue">I think I did OK in this hand, except if I could replay it I would've check-called the river...</font>