PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Seems to be a favorite in Ohio

adios
10-29-2004, 10:00 AM
From what I can ascertain Kerry should be the favorite in Ohio. That's not surprising due to the downturn in manufacturing employment which has hurt Northeast Ohio especially hard (although this has been an ongoing trend). I saw article about a month ago (don't remember the criteria) where Cleveland is the poorest big city in the U.S. On top of that Northeast Ohio (especially Cuyahoga County where Cleveland is located) is a stronghold for the Democrats. I saw a report where the Republicans were challenging voters in the Cleveland ghettos for lack of a better term. My take is that it's very close in Ohio and voter participation is the wild card that is hard to factor in at this point. I saw a guy on Britt Hume last night who basically thought Kerry would win Ohio but Bush could still win the election by winning in Wisconsin, Iowa, and New Mexico. This guy also stated that the Republicans would have 53 seats in the Senate minimum and 55 seats maximum after the elections. He stated that the Daschle and Thune race was too close to call.