PDA

View Full Version : holy shellacking batman!

herrkurtz
10-29-2004, 07:33 AM
wow, i've had some rough nights, but this one was real bad. playing live 3/6, here's a nice little recap of the beats:

1. first hand of the night i get pocket 2s and flop my set. eventually lose to non-preflop raising pocket jacks that turned a set. set over set? i'll take my lumps and move on.
2. pocket aces flops a set. sweet. onwards to victory. flop is A26. some guy goes all in and it's me and him heads up. turn 3, river 5 he flips over pocket fours and my set is cracked.
3. pocket jacks. through turn all cards lower than jack. river is a queen and someone flipped over queen-8. the 8 never hit. he was chasing the one overcard. don't think i wasn't betting.
4. pocket kings: gets capped at 5 bets four ways preflop. monster pot and someone must be holding another premium pair. board flops 6x9. turn is a 6. well, if everyone is holding good stuff, i'm okay except for the aces. river is a 9. well the pot at showdown is heads up and i'm third best. it gets chopped with full houses sixes full of nines. what were they holding? one guy had a 64 and the other a 67s. capped preflop i tell you. none of them were in the blinds.

what number are we on?
5. AJs flops two pair. eventual loser to a straight. guy didn't raise the whole time. good thing i suppose as i would have lost more money.
6. pocket tens. no bad beat but no win either.

now when i'm not in the hand, you see the usual littany of Kx pairing Ks no kicker, pocket 6s winning, queen high on a double paired board taking things down.

last hand of the night.
7. AKo. I've lost all the money i've come in with. I have about $10 left and decide that this is the one. flop comes JTx. not horrible. i've got two overcards and a gutshot. river is an 8 and i lose to a pair of 8s. I'm done.

oh, i did win with AQs. only premium hand that held up.

sorry to vent. let's just hope that through my sacrifice, you may find victory.

back to builiding up my roll online.