PDA

View Full Version : Tripled through tonight...

eastbay
10-29-2004, 04:38 AM
I posted about nearly going bust not too long ago. I gathered my senses when I hit a $260 bankroll, and moved down to $10+1s. Slowly but surely, I've tripled through and tonight I'm up to a whopping (heh) $790. I played 30 $11s, 70 $22s, and 30 $33s to get there.

I'll be slumming in the $33s (no offense sucker) until I hit $1k, at which point I'll be back to where I usually start each month: with $1k to attack the $55s.

Anyway, just one data point on what it takes to rebuild from a near bust out.

I think I'll build to $3k before hitting the $109s again (which was where my slide started before my bankroll unravelled in a limit game I shouldn't have been playing).

eastbay

JasonDB
10-29-2004, 10:30 AM
I followed your plight from the last go around with the 100 SNG and am happy to see you have almost made it back. I have had similar experiences.

In fact, now I am multitabling the $50 table and am just over a $1500 BR. My general rule is that I never spend more than 5% on any bet (I consider a bet any buy-in to a SnG, NL or Limit game). As such, I am thinking about giving my first shot to the $100 game once I hit the $2000 mark. Just curious, in your opinion what is it about the $100 game that makes it so much more difficult than the $50 game?

eastbay
10-29-2004, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As such, I am thinking about giving my first shot to the $100 game once I hit the $2000 mark. Just curious, in your opinion what is it about the $100 game that makes it so much more difficult than the $50 game?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I could put my finger on something specific, I'd be a lot more inclined to believe that they really are significantly tougher.

A few general things, though:

1) A lot less early all-in lunacy. Each spot that you move up will generally be earned by someone at the table.

2) It seems tougher to get paid off when you flop big. In the 55s there's a lot of stubborn refusing to believe you could have a big hand, calling down with top pair random kicker. You see less of that in the $109s.

3) More aggression late. It's not rare to be able to run people over in the 55s late, when people don't understand the appropriate adjustments. 109 players are usually in the right ballpark in terms of opening it up late.

eastbay

Irieguy
10-29-2004, 01:14 PM
Congrats, eastbay. We're pretty much going through the same thing play-by-play; but my ROI at the 55's is lower than yours. I didn't think 35% was sustainable at the 1000-chip SNGs on PP, but if you've had 1000 SNGs, maybe it is. That's good news.

My question for you is if you think 1K is enough to really bankroll a $55 SNG job. I had been using 1500 as my own baseline.

Irieguy

eastbay
10-29-2004, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats, eastbay. We're pretty much going through the same thing play-by-play; but my ROI at the 55's is lower than yours. I didn't think 35% was sustainable at the 1000-chip SNGs on PP, but if you've had 1000 SNGs, maybe it is. That's good news.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a run of 200 with over 50% ROI a couple months ago. I think that was probably a big streak, and its effect footprint may still be in my 35%. Who knows.

[ QUOTE ]

My question for you is if you think 1K is enough to really bankroll a $55 SNG job. I had been using 1500 as my own baseline.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's definitely pushing the low end. $1500 is probably a better number.

eastbay