PDA

View Full Version : He keeps betting into me!

Aaron W.
10-29-2004, 01:43 AM
4th hand of the session, no reads.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, MP1 calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

The play just had me so confused, I didn't know what to do on the river. Raising seemed to be a little too agressive at that point, but I thought I'd throw it out there to see if there's any other lines that might be taken.

nothumb
10-29-2004, 01:48 AM
I think you played it fine. He could be leading the turn if he suspects you're being overly aggressive with overcards or a flush draw. There are a lot of hands that call the raise and lead the turn you can beat, and you'd love to knock people out. Once he leads the river you have to wonder about a stronger hand and just call heads-up.

NT

DeuceKicker
10-29-2004, 02:39 AM
I see this ALL the damn time! Especially after a pre-flop raise, some bozo will lead out at a pot, call the raise, then bet the turn, call the raise, then bet the river and call the raise!

Sometimes they show down crap, and other times a near monster. In either case I want to scream 3-bet it! I've been trying to ratchet up my aggression lately, and I've won a number of pots by sucking out when this confusing play puts me in call-down mode instead of folding the turn after a 3-bet.

Anyway, I think you played it fine.

TwoShedsJackson
10-29-2004, 05:10 AM
I've been trying to get more aggression into my river play lately as I know I have been missing value bets there a lot.

I would be somewhat inclined to raise this as his play seems consistent with KQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif or AK.

Bez
10-29-2004, 07:48 AM
I think you played it correctly. He's bet into you 3 times - he's got something he likes the look of. He'll most likely re-raise any hand that beats you so you have to be good more than 2/3s of the time here to bet, which I think is unlikely.

afk
10-29-2004, 09:49 AM
This happens to me quite often as well. I think the only contention is the turn, which I think the raise is the correct play. Well played in my opinion.

PokerIsLife
10-29-2004, 09:55 AM
Man, if he's got 2 pair on this board, he deserves it. Might just be taking another shot at his flush draw, since he knows he can't win without betting, and hope that you only had overcards.