PDA

View Full Version : So you say the explosives were already gone when we got to Al Qaqaa?

MaxPower
10-29-2004, 12:12 AM
Check this out. News crews from KSTP in Minnneapolis were there with US troops and it looks like there were plenty of explosives there.

http://www.kstp.com/
http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S3740.html?cat=1

Non_Comformist
10-29-2004, 12:17 AM
It doesn't look good for Bush that's for sure but the allegations are there was something like 700,000 tons there, with a portion of those now missing. So it's hard to know what was there when this was filmed compared to what is missing.

However, like I said this doesn't look good for the President. His best bet is to muddle the issue and then move on.

vulturesrow
10-29-2004, 12:21 AM
Seems to be damning evidence at first glance. However , it still leaves a lot of questions unanswered. A few are, how the heck would someone move all that stuff unnoticed, what was actually in those barrels, why did an IAEA report from a few years back show that there was only 3 tons of RDX in that complex, etc?

The situation definitely ought to be explored. My main beef with the way this whole thing went down is how the NYT rushed this to print and how Kerry jumped all over this situation in painting the situation as proof of Bush's incompetence when even his own foreign policy advisor says no one knows the truth about what happened.

Non_Comformist
10-29-2004, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems to be damning evidence at first glance. However , it still leaves a lot of questions unanswered. A few are, how the heck would someone move all that stuff unnoticed, what was actually in those barrels, why did an IAEA report from a few years back show that there was only 3 tons of RDX in that complex, etc?

The situation definitely ought to be explored. My main beef with the way this whole thing went down is how the NYT rushed this to print and how Kerry jumped all over this situation in painting the situation as proof of Bush's incompetence when even his own foreign policy advisor says no one knows the truth about what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree, as a Bush supporter it offends. However the turth is if things were reversed Bush and the Republicans would be jumping all over this as well. Just part of the process I suppose.

anatta
10-29-2004, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
However the turth is if things were reversed Bush and the Republicans would be jumping all over this as well

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about that "cloned" ad in this way today, it really isn't a big deal, but imagine the reaction if Kerry did this. RATS!

Non_Comformist
10-29-2004, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However the turth is if things were reversed Bush and the Republicans would be jumping all over this as well

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about that "cloned" ad in this way today, it really isn't a big deal, but imagine the reaction if Kerry did this. RATS!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not familar with what your talking about? "cloned ad"

MaxPower
10-29-2004, 12:39 AM
Whenever something negative for Bush comes up, you guys all of sudden get very "Nuanced"

It seems pretty clear to me. The stuff was there when we got there. We didn't guard it. Its not there anymore.

Our whole rationale behind the war was keeping weapons out of the hands of terrorists, right?

I guess you can't expect everything to go perfectly in a war. We are safter now. Four more years.
/images/graemlins/frown.gif

anatta
10-29-2004, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no one knows the truth about what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't the fact that "no one knows", that we knew about these weapons, the video shows they were there, and nobody guarded them, doesn't that speak to the issue of competence?

anatta
10-29-2004, 12:45 AM
Yeah, Bush's big finale TV spot, they photoshoped out a podium and replaced it with the same soldier like five times. They corrected it after liberal web site caught them, but Kerry's gang is making a little hay. My original point was, if Kerry did this, you would more likely know about it.

Non_Comformist
10-29-2004, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no one knows the truth about what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't the fact that "no one knows", that we knew about these weapons, the video shows they were there, and nobody guarded them, doesn't that speak to the issue of competence?

[/ QUOTE ]

It can certainly lead to that decision no question. However I don't think it is as black and whaite as that. If you wanted to prove the case for incompetence there are much better examples.

I don't think as Republicans do themselves a service by trying to argue that the war in Iraq has not had problems. Problems which Bush is accountable for.

Stu Pidasso
10-29-2004, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because its not on Drudge. I doubt you will see it there as they tend to tilt to the right.

Fair and Balanced Fox News had a little blurb on it, which is where I saw it.

Stu

anatta
10-29-2004, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems pretty clear to me. The stuff was there when we got there. We didn't guard it. Its not there anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

Its just not that simple, pal. Many many unanswered questions remain. How many Iraqis took the weapons? How tall were they? Were they generally handsome men? Did they moisturise? Floss??

Until we know all the facts, anyone who comments on this matter is just denigrating our brave troops. Unless its Rudy G., who, when he directly blames the troops, isn't really. Got it?

Cyrus
10-29-2004, 01:37 AM
"...the [Marine] division would not have had nearly enough soldiers to [guard the facility]."

That's the key phrase, right there.

More proof of Rummy's brilliant meddling with the recommendations of the brass.

wacki
10-29-2004, 03:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because its not on Drudge. I doubt you will see it there as they tend to tilt to the right.

Fair and Balanced Fox News had a little blurb on it, which is where I saw it.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, good post.

nicky g
10-29-2004, 05:25 AM
"I'm not familar with what your talking about? "cloned ad" "

Link (http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=6650678)

Whatever it takes is right.

wacki
10-29-2004, 06:07 AM
Just watched the video maxpower. Thanks for the link. It would be nice if somebody actually knew something. It seems like everyone is saying "we can't be certain". The pentagon, the reporters, nobody is certain about anything. Even the reporters that were taking video (in the link you post) had GPS coordinates and still they weren't even certain where they were. WTF?!?!??!!??

Does anyone have anything tangible to say?

Talk about FOG of war!

wacki
10-29-2004, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So you say the explosives were already gone when we got to Al Qaq

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my theory, and I stated it was just a theory. A friend of mine told me some of the bunkers had been bombed but all of the buildings were still standing. I'm going to ask him where he got this information as he is normally pretty reliable.

It looks like I am wrong.