PDA

View Full Version : This hand confused the hell outta me

Gomez22
10-28-2004, 11:44 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Gomez22 is UTG+2 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Gomez22 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Gomez22 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Gomez22 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO calls, SB folds, BB folds, Gomez22 calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Gomez22 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, Gomez22 ????.

You make the call.....

JDErickson
10-28-2004, 11:49 PM
I think I fold. But I'd hate it. Looks like a classic slow played flopped flush.

CO tagging along seals the decision for me

afk
10-29-2004, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I fold. But I'd hate it. Looks like a classic slow played flopped flush.

CO tagging along seals the decision for me

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think calling the turn raise and folding a non-scary river card makes sense. The river here is unlikely to change anything in the hand, so since hero called the turn, I think he should call the river.

I think this is a pretty straightforward case of "fold to the turn raise, or call the turn raise and the river"

I raise preflop too.

antidan444
10-29-2004, 12:21 AM
Hey Gomez. I'm just getting back into limit play after taking a couple months getting my feet wet in NL, so I may be a little rusty. So this post is just as much for my benefit, to see if my limit thinking is still on track, as yours ...

Preflop, raise. KQo is a hand you want to play against one or two others, not four.

On the flop ... blech ... without all the hearts up there I probably bet to try to get a free river card, though with two players behind me I may just check anyway and call one bet to see if I hit a K or Q. With the three hearts up there, I lean more toward a check-call (muck if faced with two cold).

Turn is fine.

I muck the river once there's a bet and a call in front.

antidan444
10-29-2004, 12:25 AM
In hindsight, I like afk's point about if you call the turn raise you should call the river.

TBone
10-29-2004, 12:28 AM
Raising preflop makes the hand much easier to play.

Any reads?

I think you have to call the river bet. You're closing the action and I think you win at least 1 time in 11 here.

T

afk
10-29-2004, 12:28 AM
I should say that I don't like folding to a river blank here. Had it been another heart, then obviously I'm out.

Meraxes
10-29-2004, 12:56 AM
Normally I don't like overcalling on the river, but the way CO has been calling down the whole time makes me think he has Jx. You're most like losing to a flush or maybe even a straight or 2 pair, but at 10.5:1 it's worth seeing the showdown.