PDA

View Full Version : AJo for Rob

srt19170
10-28-2004, 11:19 PM
I'm posting this in honor of Rob and the 2+2 table. I coincidentally had this hand tonight.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

To me, raising with AJo in SB is automatic. Comments? The limp-reraise from MP1 is a surprise, though.

Flop: (27 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Nothing here for me, but there's enormous pot odds so I'm sticking around. I'm putting MP1 on two face cards, although I'm doubting AA or KK.

Turn: (15.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+2 folds.

I'm getting odds to call with 4 outs, but realistically I should be discounting some of my outs and fold.

River: (18.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

MP1 checks? Is he trying for a check-raise? Has he been trying to buy the pot?

Entity
10-28-2004, 11:31 PM
You were on the button here, so I like the preflop raise. I don't like the cap (bloating pot, unsuited broadways don't play incredibly well multiway, etc.), though. Given the size of the pot, I might raise the turn to try to win this one there. Otherwise looks fine. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob