PDA

View Full Version : Eminem "Mosh" Lyrics

ThaSaltCracka
10-28-2004, 11:06 PM
This is just the end of the song. They have been playing this song on MTV2 pretty heavy for this past week. The song is dope, and so are the lyrics, but the last few bars of this rap are damaging to the President. For those of you who may laugh at Eminems persuasive power, reconsider. He has three #1 albums, and one #1 movie. This could possibly sway the young undecided vote.

Imagine it pouring, it's raining down on us,
Mosh pits outside the oval office
Someone's trying to tell us something, maybe this is God just saying
we're responsible for this monster, this coward, that we have empowered
This is Bin Laden, look at his head nodding,
How could we allow something like this, Without pumping our fist
Now this is our, final hour
Let me be the voice, and your strength, and your choice
Let me simplify the rhyme, just to amplify the noise
Try to amplify the times it, and multiply it by six
Teen million people are equal of this high pitch
Maybe we can reach Al Quaida through my speech
Let the President answer on high anarchy
Strap him with AK-47, let him go
Fight his own war, let him impress daddy that way
No more blood for oil, we got our own battles to fight on our soil
No more psychological warfare to trick us to think that we ain't loyal
If we don't serve our own country we're patronizing a hero
Look in his eyes, it's all lies, the stars and stripes
They've been swiped, washed out and wiped,
And Replaced with his own face, mosh now or die
If I get sniped tonight you'll know why, because I told you to fight

So come along, follow me as I lead through the darkness
As I provide just enough spark, that we need to proceed
Carry on, give me hope, give me strength,
Come with me, and I won't stear you wrong
Put your faith and your trust as I guide us through the fog
Till the light, at the end, of the tunnel, we gonna fight,
We gonna charge, we gonna stomp, we gonna march through the swamp
We gonna mosh through the marsh, take us right through the doors

[Eminem speaking angrily]
And as we proceed, to mosh through this desert storm, in these closing statements, if they should argue, let us beg to differ, as we set aside our differences, and assemble our own army, to disarm this weapon of mass destruction that we call our president, for the present, and mosh for the future of our next generation, to speak and be heard, Mr. President, Mr. Senator

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 11:00 AM
hmmm.... I was expecting atleast one reply.

GWB
10-29-2004, 11:02 AM
You mean you think people actually pay attention to lyrics?

daveymck
10-29-2004, 11:06 AM
Ok I'll reply, do you really think that those young undecieded voters will vote for Kerry just cos Eminem said so or will they deceide themselves. I suspect that the disaffected youth will be more likely not voting anyway, so if they get out and vote surely it is positive. Its a huge assumption that a every youth is a) an eminem fan and b)goes out and pack pistols, smaks whores and cotes for kerry cos eminem says so.

Does the fact that Springsteen was at a rally last night mean every forty somthing with crap taste in music who is undecided will vote for Kerry.

Also is this his new song (does it have Michael Jackson in the video) or is it another?

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] GWB, I ex[ect better out of you. This is the guy who had his lyrics scrutinized more than anyone else. Remember the whole homophobia thing about 3 years ago?

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 11:18 AM
this is a new song.

[ QUOTE ]
Its a huge assumption that a every youth is a) an eminem fan and

[/ QUOTE ] well not every youth is a fan, but you cannot deny how emmensly popular he is in the US, especially with people 18-28. Eminem blew up in late 99 when a lot of the people who are his fans were either in highschool or early in college. I think his appeal with them is strong.

You are right, the young undecided vote may look at this and decide not to vote, but it is definitely possible that they may look at this song and decided to vote Kerry. I suppose you guys may need to see the video, because the lyrics alone don't tell the whole story.

GWB
10-29-2004, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] GWB, I ex[ect better out of you. This is the guy who had his lyrics scrutinized more than anyone else. Remember the whole homophobia thing about 3 years ago?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a political correctness controversy. A celeb who pushes a political agenda OTOH is just ignored.

daveymck
10-29-2004, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Eminem along with Marylin Manson are probably the biggest experts at manipulating the media and public opinion to get themselves maximum exposure and credibility to the people they sell records too.

Manson in particular is known to be very intelligent but if you look at Eminems output as a whole I think his intelligence comes through in his lyrics, he has a sense of sarcasm and irony that a lot of his knockers dont get.

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but if you look at Eminems output as a whole I think his intelligence comes through in his lyrics,

[/ QUOTE ] I agree, and in fact a lot of rappers are this way. They aren't all that articulate in person, but once you give them a mic and a beat, they pull out some amazing flows filled with powerful lyrical content.

You are right about Em and Manson manipulating the media.

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That was a political correctness controversy. A celeb who pushes a political agenda OTOH is just ignored.

[/ QUOTE ] true, we shall see though. BTW, how do you feel about his lyrics?

GWB
10-29-2004, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] true, we shall see though. BTW, how do you feel about his lyrics?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just typical liberal drivel, everyone's heard it from Michael Moore et al already though. I don't really care what he has to say.

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 11:41 AM
I like this part a lot, typical drivel though right?

[ QUOTE ]
Let the President answer on high anarchy
Strap him with AK-47, let him go
Fight his own war, let him impress daddy that way
No more blood for oil, we got our own battles to fight on our soil
Look in his eyes, it's all lies, the stars and stripes
They've been swiped, washed out and wiped,
And Replaced with his own face, mosh now or die
If I get sniped tonight you'll know why, because I told you to fight

[/ QUOTE ]

especially this right? Because the republicans never ever questions someones patriotism, right?

daryn
10-29-2004, 11:44 AM
the way i see it, this stuff never works. you had that dixie chicks semi-scandal, and you have all these other people in hollywood and the media just putting out pro-kerry anti-bush views. in the end though, bush will probably win the election.

however, ..... much like staggering red sox prediction while they were still playing the angels, i will predict a kerry victory!

i just had this feeling that if the red sox won, kerry would win, if the yankees won, bush would win.

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i just had this feeling that if the red sox won, kerry would win, if the yankees won, bush would win.

[/ QUOTE ] this is funny.

[ QUOTE ]
the way i see it, this stuff never works. you had that dixie chicks semi-scandal, and you have all these other people in hollywood and the media just putting out pro-kerry anti-bush views.

[/ QUOTE ] See, I don't see this as a scandal at all for Eminem. If this was the most controversial thing he had done thus far, then maybe it would be a bigger deal, but Eminem has had controversy surrounding him since day 1.

Bubbagump
10-29-2004, 12:11 PM
Anybody who would vote for a candidate just because, Eminem, Bruce Springsteen, Curt Schilling, or any other politicaly active celebrity without a clue says they should would do this country a great service by not casting a ballot in an election....ever.

All these idiots that are having their politial opinions spoon fed to them are going to run this country into the ground.

Bubbagump

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 12:18 PM
what if someone has read things about both and is undecided? I agree basing everything on what a celeb says is silly, but I still don't think their influence can be denied.

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody who would vote for a candidate just because, Eminem, Bruce Springsteen, Curt Schilling, or any other politicaly active celebrity without a clue says they should would do this country a great service by not casting a ballot in an election....ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the same thing can be said about those idiots that only listen to Rush, Hannity, air America, or some other liberal mouth piece. There are a lot of uneducated partisans across this country, those of you that frequent this forum probably know that already. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

EarlCat
10-29-2004, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Manson in particular is known to be very intelligent but if you look at Eminems output as a whole I think his intelligence comes through in his lyrics, he has a sense of sarcasm and irony that a lot of his knockers dont get.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eminem's lyrics are usually quite clever, which makes you wonder because whenever he gives an interview, he can barely construct a sentence... hmmm...

EarlCat
10-29-2004, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
See, I don't see this as a scandal at all for Eminem. If this was the most controversial thing he had done thus far, then maybe it would be a bigger deal, but Eminem has had controversy surrounding him since day 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think its funny that all the politically correct hand-wringers now want to rally behind what was once their violent, homophobic public enemy #1.

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 12:29 PM
I am pretty certain he made the song on his own and without anyones influence. Eminem is known to pour out everything in his life into his music. Remember, he lived a life far different than most and has probably seen certain things that would make the average white man cringe.

The first song of his last album, "white america" was also pretty political, and he went after everyone in that song.

KanigawaCards7
10-29-2004, 01:05 PM
The lyrics are pretty good.No one commented on the intelligence of the lyrics, they just voiced their opinion on war/eminem. I find that to be pretty funny.

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The lyrics are pretty good.No one commented on the intelligence of the lyrics, they just voiced their opinion on war/eminem. I find that to be pretty funny.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its a common conservative tactic today. What you don't like or can't refute, you turn to character assasination.

Nicholasp27
10-29-2004, 01:17 PM
go to launch.yahoo.com
click on E and they got the Eminimem "Mosh" video there...u can view it for free...it's got some powerful visuals and drives home his lyrics (whether u agree or not)

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 01:23 PM
thanks for the link. I havs seen it twice on MTV2, and I agree it does have some powerful visuals and really drives home the lyrics. I def recomend those of you who haven't seen it go check it out.

Bubbagump
10-29-2004, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its a common conservative tactic today. What you don't like or can't refute, you turn to character assasination.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a complete and utter crock of BS!!

Now, I haven't read every response to your initial post but the posts I have read, mine included were in response to your comments regarding artists having an influence on how his/her listeners would vote.

If you were looking for feedback on how cool and witty you thought Eminems lyrics were maybe a better place to post this would have been the Gossip forum.

I wouldn't think 2+2 would have need of a "Fan" forum but then again, maybe I'm wrong. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bubbagump

cornell2005
10-29-2004, 03:59 PM
the lyrics and the video are pretty impressive

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What a complete and utter crock of BS!!

Now, I haven't read every response to your initial post but the posts I have read, mine included were in response to your comments regarding artists having an influence on how his/her listeners would vote.

[/ QUOTE ]
my comment was intended to be more general than it probably came across as, my bad.

daveymck
10-29-2004, 04:52 PM
n/t

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the lyrics and the video are pretty impressive

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it viewable online anywhere?

[/ QUOTE ]
go to launch.yahoo.com

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 05:12 PM
The more I watch this video, the angrier I get, but in a good way. I think this song/video very easily gives a voice to those young people who feel the same way. Out of most of my friends and various people I know, I only know of two people who are definitely voting for Bush. Most of the people I know seriously dislike him, and a few others are still on the fence. I can't help but think this will affect them, if they see it.

daveymck
10-29-2004, 05:39 PM
To me as an outsider yes its a rant against the president but to me its a call to arms to the youth not to sit in silence ignoring the election to to get together and vote.

I think you could watch see it as anti bush and pro Kerry but at the end he does say listen mr president and mr senator, at the end it just says vote, doesnt say vote kerry. As I say to me its a come on kids lets act so they listen to us.

As an aside has anyone watched the amerika video from rammstein on that site, I find it amusing and fits in with the gloabalization topics of yesterday, I suspect most on here may find it offensive.

Very good site thoug never knew it existed.

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To me as an outsider yes its a rant against the president but to me its a call to arms to the youth not to sit in silence ignoring the election to to get together and vote.

I think you could watch see it as anti bush and pro Kerry but at the end he does say listen mr president and mr senator, at the end it just says vote, doesnt say vote kerry. As I say to me its a come on kids lets act so they listen to us.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, but he doesn't hide his anger torwards W. His line at the end of the song seems to express his pessimism about politics in general. The visuals are amazing though, especially for something with that style of animation.

daveymck
10-29-2004, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, but he doesn't hide his anger torwards W. His line at the end of the song seems to express his pessimism about politics in general. The visuals are amazing though, especially for something with that style of animation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess at this point Kerry hasnt done anything to get angry about yet.

Theres an old song cant remember who by but in essence says doesnt matter who wins the government always gets in.

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 06:23 PM
MTV has been playing a lot of "political" themed videos the past couple of days. One in particular is a Wyclef song in which he sings "If I was president, I would be elected on Friday, assasinated on saturday, buried on sunday". Its a good song.