PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Pro 9g Poker Chips

weekapaugz
10-28-2004, 09:51 PM
Hey guys...I've got a really crappy set of 400 11.g composites that I want to dump but I can't afford anything expensive. I was wondering if anybody has used the 9g "Vegas" chips that are on the market? It looks like I can get a decent price for 300 on ebay and if I can ship my chips off to some schlep for $50 or $60 bucks it wouldn't cost me more than $20 to pick up a new set, even if it is 300 (we never use more than that). i've heard decent things about these chips, but nothing really spectactular. are they a huge upgrade from 11.5g crappy diamond composites? thanks, i appreciate any help.

(and i already looked at the pokerchipreview website /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Mars357
10-28-2004, 10:23 PM
I ordered some samples of these and wasn't impressed at all.

First, the sticker if VERY glossy and slick which makes stacking and handeling the chips very dificult. The chips are light and sound horrable.

I ordered some 13.5 gram at the same time and liked them much better...that should give you some idea how BAD the Vegas Pro Clay chips are.

I almost bought a set of the Pro Clay on sight because they are very nice looking. Having handled some of them, I am VERY glad I didn't.

My .02

mars