PDA

View Full Version : Bandwagon

Boris
10-28-2004, 05:54 PM
Please list your nominations

At the top of my list is Tom Hanks. They were playing sound clips of Hanks blabbing on and on about the great Red Sox victory. It was sick. They guy grew up Oakland and makes his living in LA. What the hell does care about the Red Sox? And by the way his movies suck. The last time he was in good flick was Big. Big was pretty good though.

SnakeRat
10-28-2004, 06:00 PM
Tons of douches just like him at my school.

Easy to spot because they are all wearing brand new Sox caps and sweatshirts.

ThaSaltCracka
10-28-2004, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At the top of my list is Tom Hanks. They were playing sound clips of Hanks blabbing on and on about the great Red Sox victory. It was sick. They guy grew up Oakland and makes his living in LA. What the hell does care about the Red Sox?

[/ QUOTE ] not absurd

[ QUOTE ]
And by the way his movies suck. The last time he was in good flick was Big.

[/ QUOTE ] completely absurd.

Saving Private Ryan
Philadelphia
Road To Pedition

just to name a few that don't suck, and are in fact awesome.

sublime
10-28-2004, 06:04 PM
just to name a few that don't suck, and are in fact awesome.

great actor. although i was a tad disappointed in road to perdition, still a good flick though.

ThaSaltCracka
10-28-2004, 06:08 PM
forgot to add, The Green Mile, Toy Story, and Forrest Gump.

I really liked RTP, something about it connected with me. Plus Newman was on point.

Boris
10-28-2004, 06:10 PM
you are lost.

ThaSaltCracka
10-28-2004, 06:12 PM
enlighten me Boris. Be my north star

daryn
10-28-2004, 06:14 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Please list your nominations

At the top of my list is Tom Hanks. They were playing sound clips of Hanks blabbing on and on about the great Red Sox victory. It was sick. They guy grew up Oakland and makes his living in LA. What the hell does care about the Red Sox? And by the way his movies suck. The last time he was in good flick was Big. Big was pretty good though.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually they showed him in the monster seats for one of the games at fenway. he mentioned on tv that he grew up in oakland and he's a big A's fan. he also said "he's an american league guy" so that's why he's rooting for the sox.

end of story.

Boris
10-28-2004, 06:15 PM
subscription. hustler. get it.

sublime
10-28-2004, 06:18 PM
something about it connected with me.

the father son connection

Boris
10-28-2004, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he also said "he's an american league guy" so that's why he's rooting for the sox.

end of story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lame excuse. I could tell from the tone in his voice that he wanted to hug David Ortiz and maybe give him a little peck on the cheek. I'll bet Mr. Hanks will stop rooting for the A's all together.

J.R.
10-28-2004, 06:27 PM
John Kerry- he claimed to be a big fan of "Manny Ortez" a few weeks ago, and then tried to correct himself later, saying David Ortez. And a few years ago he gave an interview where he talked about his favorite red sox- The Walking Man, Eddie Yost.

daryn
10-28-2004, 06:31 PM
he also said "he's an american league guy" so that's why he's rooting for the sox.

end of story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lame excuse. I could tell from the tone in his voice that he wanted to hug David Ortiz and maybe give him a little peck on the cheek. I'll bet Mr. Hanks will stop rooting for the A's all together.

[/ QUOTE ]

A's suck! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Boris
10-28-2004, 06:31 PM
Manny Ortez. LOL.

ThaSaltCracka
10-28-2004, 06:50 PM
who cares anyways? if it takes a WS title for people to like the Red Sox, so what? Its hard to not be captivated by this team, if this season creates more red sox fans, so [censored] what, seriously. This is like people bitching when their favorite local rock group blows up.

Joe Tall
10-28-2004, 07:24 PM
MMMMMM

and it's not even close.

ThaSaltCracka
10-28-2004, 07:24 PM
hahaha

ArchAngel71857
10-28-2004, 07:37 PM
Trev Alberts.

Do you see why?

-AA

Uston
10-28-2004, 07:58 PM
And now he's claiming he was 30 yards away when Buckner made his game six error. After being questioned as to how he was able to be at Shea the same time he was at a fundraiser in Boston, he now claims that he flew from Boston to NY after the fundraiser to catch the last few innings of the game.

Lawrence Ng
10-28-2004, 08:08 PM
Can we talk about the NBA now?

Boris
10-28-2004, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
who cares anyways?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean who cares? Every post on this forum is about bullshit subjects.

BTW - You are now #2 on my list. Right up there with your boy Tom Hanks. Enjoy the ride.

Boris
10-28-2004, 08:52 PM
The NBA doesn't get interesting until after the Superbowl.

ThaSaltCracka
10-28-2004, 09:36 PM
I mean who cares if he starts liking them, you baby.

Only a true loser would have a [censored] list consisting of people he has never met.

scrub
10-28-2004, 09:54 PM
I don't care who roots for them. It was a great ride and I could care less who hopped aboard.

That being said, my dad sent me that "Sports Guy" column from ESPN.com today, which included this gem:

[ QUOTE ]
6:10 - Following a Ramirez single, Fox shows Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore wearing Red Sox sweatshirts and clapping excitedly. I wish I was actually driving the Red Sox Bandwagon right now, just so I could screech to a halt, whirl around, point to them and scream, "Get off! RIGHT NOW! I mean it! Get off! Move it! Gather your things and GET OFF!"

[/ QUOTE ]

scrub

craig r
10-28-2004, 10:14 PM
Does he mention in that article that they are filming a movie about the Red Sox?

craig

ThaSaltCracka
10-28-2004, 10:50 PM
how do people think new fans are made? winning goes a long way in getting you more fans. I am pretty sure thousands, if not millions of people became red sox fans during this week. is that okay for you OG's?

Dantes
10-28-2004, 10:51 PM
Philadelphia is a terrible, terrible movie. It was bad in the early 90s, it is AWFUL now. Ugh ugh ugh.

ThaSaltCracka
10-28-2004, 10:53 PM
bad review. That is a very good movie.

bisonbison
10-28-2004, 11:25 PM
right behind the bandwagon comes the whaaaaambulance. I hate the latter more.

Casual fans like rooting for winning teams. SHOCKING.

Boris
10-29-2004, 12:14 AM
Damn. I was just screwing around Saltcracker. I don't really have a list with your name on it.

BTW - were you not mocking the Red Sox and their fans unmercifully on this board? Now you have changed your tune?

vulturesrow
10-29-2004, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Damn. I was just screwing around Saltcracker. I don't really have a list with your name on it.

BTW - were you not mocking the Red Sox and their fans unmercifully on this board? Now you have changed your tune?

[/ QUOTE ]

You ought to know by know that TSC either a) has multiple personality disorder or b) is bipolar. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sublime
10-29-2004, 12:35 AM
Philadelphia is a terrible, terrible movie. It was bad in the early 90s, it is AWFUL now. Ugh ugh ugh.

that movie was great

the springsteen song was just as good

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif da boss

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 02:06 AM
don't know what tune that would be, I still don't like them, I was just saying that it is very likely based upon the season the sox had this year, that they may have gained many new fans, which may be called bandwaggoning, but doesn't seem as eggregious as some make it out to be.

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You ought to know by know that TSC either a) has multiple personality disorder or b) is bipolar. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

a) my two personalities are drunk and sober, luckily the drunk me has only made one or two appearances,
b)its possible, but I doubt it.

nolanfan34
10-29-2004, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a) my two personalities are drunk and sober, luckily the drunk me has only made one or two appearances,
b)its possible, but I doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having met TSC, you guys would be surprised how low key he is. Of course I haven't seen sober TSC, maybe that guy is crazy.

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Having met TSC, you guys would be surprised how low key he is. Of course I haven't seen sober TSC, maybe that guy is crazy.

[/ QUOTE ] now this is hilarious..... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Slacker13
10-29-2004, 12:47 PM
I bought a friend of mine one of those double billed hats during the playoffs and put a Yankee logo on one side and a Sox logo on the other. He is one of those who is always with the winning team.

I am a Milwaukee Brewers fan. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

JinX11
10-29-2004, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And by the way his movies suck. The last time he was in good flick was Big. Big was pretty good though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything you said up to that point made sense. This statement, however, invalidates your whole post.

Do you actually watch any movies???