PDA

View Full Version : UB 10+1 first hand insanity

alittle
10-28-2004, 05:26 PM
Crazy first hand in a UB 10+1 SNG last night. I'm in the BB (I always start there - goofy lucky seat thing). UTG limps, UTG+1 folds, then a raise to $45 ($10 big blind), and EVERYONE calls. I was ready to fold my pocket 3's until everybody called, so I call to try to catch on the flop.

Well, UTG then goes all-in and gets a caller in MP. UTG has AA and MP has 55(!). I don't have the history handy and can't remember the order, but the board comes down with a 10 high straight, and chops the pot. Crazy. If anything came instead of the 10, then MP would have won with a 9 high straight.

This was a strange table all the way - lots of all-in coinflips that went one way on the flop and switched on 4th and/or 5th, etc. Managed to win after getting down to 2xBB with six left.

RavenJackson
10-28-2004, 05:43 PM
I had an odd 10+1 last night on UB as well.

In the first 8 hands I get KK, AA, and 3 AK's. All of which pay off. With a big stack I called an all-in with a KQo and the flop came down KKQ.

I wish the cards would hit me that hard when there is more money on the line.

burningyen
10-29-2004, 12:23 AM
Weird to have that many crazies in a UB $10+1.

alittle
10-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Yeah, you're right, it's not unusual for a lot of mediocre players in that game, but it usually shakes out to 4 or 5 decent people fairly quickly.

That's the reason I try to take the BB seat for the first hand. Since it seems like almost the whole table will limp the first hand (or maybe a min raise), I can see the first flop for cheap and win a decent pot if I hit. Similar for the SB, and then I have position. Now I have an orbit to play solid and get info on the field. It doesn't usually take too long to figure out who will be there at the end.