PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars post-crash refunds

goldcowboy
10-28-2004, 04:21 PM
On Monday night PokerStars experienced a crash that affected several of their MTT tourneys. I was in two that were eventually cancelled and everyone had their buy-in refunded. Then yesterday we were notified that PS was making an additional disbursement to all participants equal to their original buy-in, effectively giving every player double his money back.

I was involved in another PS tourney crash some time back where they refunded the buy-in of all remaining players at the time of the crash and then awarded the remaining prize pool based on chip count. At the time I thought that was a fair resolution of the problem. However they couldn't use that method this time because it was a "rolling" crash whereby some players were dropped early on and then presumably blinded out while the rest of us continued to play until the time the crash completely shut down the tourney. I believe PS took what was a real mess and basically "made it right" for all the players. I'm sure that if I had been the chip stud at crash time I would be irritated, but I applaud PS for as equitable solution as was possible. It underscores my belief that PS is where I want to be spending my poker-playing time, notwithstanding the legendary fishiness of party.

What were the reactions of others that were affected?

dogsballs
10-28-2004, 04:41 PM
that suited me. I emailed them suggesting the same thing, but looks like they were on it anyway